3rd Gen GP - Fuse on key off

runt

I don't have access to any wiring diagrams so I'm hoping someone here does.

On my 2007 I'm looking for a fuse that goes OFF when the key goes off. Since everything is so BCM controlled I'm tied into the headlight sensor circuit so I can control some accessories (Sirius radio hooked up externally).

For the time being I'm ok with switching on the headlights so power on the circuit so my sirius comes on but I'd like to find something more permanent.

I'm doing with using an add-a-fuse so I'm not splicing wires and I've also found out that the 12v plugs in the car don't shut off at key off/door open.

Anyone?

The permanent power on cigarette lighter/12 volt socket is a GM thing. All GM cars do that.

The easiest solution is tapping into the radio's turn on lead (the wire that gives it power when it's on ACC mode). On Aftermarket radios, they are usually the red wire. On a stock radio, I think it's orange, but not sure.

Doing this would be the easiest way and would work with the RAP function.

Yeah I'm trying to find a way to NOT splice into the stock wiring. :confused:

I know I can also get to the RAP with a wire by the passenger door which is what I might end up doing.

Yeah I'm trying to find a way to NOT splice into the stock wiring. :confused:

I know I can also get to the RAP with a wire by the passenger door which is what I might end up doing.

You don't necessarily have to splice. You can just wiretap into it and when you get rid of Sirius, you can just take the wiretap off with some pliers. It will only leave a pinch mark.

Advance Auto with promo codes. Helps a lot.

Yeah. I use my Advance locally a lot. All of the guys in there know me as well which is nice. I like Advanced a lot better than the Autozone or Napa in the area.

Yeah. I use my Advance locally a lot. All of the guys in there know me as well which is nice. I like Advanced a lot better than the Autozone or Napa in the area.

You and I are alike. Although my favorite thing of Advance is that you can always get 30% off on the parts. Suddenly, those wheel bearings are $60 instead of $100.