Ecu ( auto trans delete)

gambler87

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to delete the auto trans stuff from a 97 Monte Carlo ecu 7797. For my 3.4 Dohc 5 speed swap into my 87gt fiero

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm curious as to why you want to use an OBDII ECM in the Fiero, other than for *burn*on*the*fly* programming?

I've done a few 3400 swaps into Fiero's and all we would use is the 7730 OBDI ECM and put a tune across it if needed,

for the DOHC you could use the 91-93 16149396 OBDI ECM and omit all of the OBDII necessity.

You would still have to fab a an engine harness & the necessary pin work for the Fiero engine bay but it's somewhat simpler that the OBDII route.

I fugure using the most of the wiring harness I could from the motor would help along the process of getting it running. If I'm thinking right. The car itself only needs stuff like the tach, speedo, coolant temp, voltage, and oil pressure. Can't I splice into those wires that would run from the ecu to the original vehicle (97 Monte carlo), I don't think I would even need to run anything differently for the speedo because that on the trans which is the stock getrag 282 from the fiero

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk