Bent wheel = new rims(wheels), but what would look good on a 94 Cutlass Supreme?

Nas Escobar

Well, I found out that one of my stock wheels are bent and I'm not a very happy camper right now as I was planning on upgrading the wheels in 2015. Anyways, looks like I have to bite the bullet and get new wheels... I personally like 5 spokes, nothing too fancy but something that gives the car a more aggessive look while looking like a factory option.

With that said, I've spent a long time looking at wheels, and most wheels I like are no longer made.

My personal favorite are these Nexo P5's.

7.jpg

But they're no longer made, so I've had to keep looking; and so far I've only liked these 2...

Asuka ST15... Basically a knockoff verson of the Rota GTR wheels. They're import wheels, but it seems to be similar to the Nexo's and well... IDK it might look decent enough on my Cutty. Sadly it's an import wheel so I can't find domestics with em.

1_383.png

ROTA%20GTR%20SQ%20Sil%201.1-500x500.jpg

The other wheel I like is the Mach M5. Not sure what this is a knockoff of, but it seems to be a German car scene wheel

1_23092.jpg

Out of these 2, which one would look better on a 94 Cutlass Supreme Convertible? Mind you this is more or less me right now

94olds50283-2.jpg

Not my acutal car, but it's the same one minus the pinstripe near the body cladding and paint that needs to be redone.

All help is appreciated... I also take suggestions, as these wheels are by no means final and just ideas.

That's what they usually come up as, but on Asuka's website (interesting for a knockoff wheel to have) it says that they also come in 18x8. What worries me more is that +23 offset. If I'm not mistaken, the offset on my current wheels are +42. I did an offset calculation, and it says that I would be 13mm or so closer to the strut on the inside, but I would stick out 40mm towards the outside.

That's what they usually come up as, but on Asuka's website (interesting for a knockoff wheel to have) it says that they also come in 18x8. What worries me more is that +23 offset. If I'm not mistaken, the offset on my current wheels are +42. I did an offset calculation, and it says that I would be 13mm or so closer to the strut on the inside, but I would stick out 40mm towards the outside.

As long as you don't drop or car like mine you should b OK. I was running 17"s with a 30mm offset with the drop but it was very close

As long as you don't drop or car like mine you should b OK. I was running 17"s with a 30mm offset with the drop but it was very close

The problem with me isn't dropping it. I'm keeping it stock height, since I want meaty tires on it anyways. I was thinking about running 245/45/18s on it, or 50's.

My main problem is the damn potholes in DC and the obnoxious speed tumors. I almost scrape with the Cutlass and I can hear my subframe begging for mercy in my Camaro. I'm scared the reduced clearance will not be a good thing for keeping tires.

Have you looked at centerline storms? I have them on my grand prix, 18x7. +42 offset and when I was in a pinch they fit on my cutlass no problem for a few days. They are tough as hell. I hit a pot hole in the rain. i flat spotted the wheel bearing, the wheel was fine with 235/45/r18s

IMG_20130816_125213_480_zps763782b3.jpg

I had just put htem on here so the car looks a lot higher

IMG_20130815_143017_761_zps6e9a0445.jpg

I like them on my GTP a lot more, but then again i have had my cutlass for 24 years and the same wheels so I am very bias lol

IMG_20130809_192638_667_zps275f66c3.jpg

2001goldGTP, I actually have thought about wheels similar to yours, I even thought about (Mustang) Cobra wheels. You are absolutely right, they look a lot better on your GTP than on your Cutlass Supreme. The thing to me is that I feel that the Cutlass style was made for wire wheels or thick 5 spokes. Anything else looks odd, especially since todays rims are made for the newer jelly bean cars.

Here's a pic of more or less what I'm talking about. I personally wouldn't stick the wheel so far out and instead get a wider one with a lower offset, but regardless, I feel this look is a lot better than most rims out there right now. I actually get mad when I see people on here with nice 5 spokes but are discontinued, like International's Konigs on his Turbo GP.

31765080043_large.jpg

31765080014_large.jpg

31765080010_large.jpg

31765080019_large.jpg

To be honest, this is the type of thin 5 spoke I would consider...

33154520003_original.jpg

5213820081_large.jpg

5213820080_large.jpg

Other than that, I would really like Monoblock II type wheels (kudos to anyone who didn't have to google)

i like the last couple of pics, the only issue is that it makes the car look so much higher then we have to lower to look right, and its getting hard to find a good tire and a rim in a 16. its even worse for my 64 and it's 14s

i like the last couple of pics, the only issue is that it makes the car look so much higher then we have to lower to look right, and its getting hard to find a good tire and a rim in a 16. its even worse for my 64 and it's 14s

You're right on that, and sadly a lot of the Gen 1 stuff to lower it is out of production.

As far as 16's, I wouldn't do it. I'm looking for 18's unless they're wire wheels then I'd do 16's.

I remember 5 years ago it was easy to find wheels in 14" diameter. Nowadays, not so much.

you should check into some gp gxp wheels. same basic look, a lil cheaper, they fit, and you can use ur stock lugwrench

agree or Bonneville gxp wheels

Not to sound like an ingrate, but I've been there, done that. I've beat that dead horse for 2 years now. I wanted to get Bonneville GXP wheels for my old Pontiac and do Corvette brake calipers all around. Only problem is that I never found em. I was gonna do torque stars on it too, same issue. The first thing that usually goes in a yard are wheels. Usually the junkyard puts steel wheels on the inventory unless it's a wheel with low demand. It's rare to find a set of wheels at the yard and the Craiglist in my area is dead as far as GM wheels go. The closest I got to getting wheels for this car was 16" Cadillac wheels.

I was almost looking like this, but turned out that one of the wheels was bent and didn't find another one at the yard. Had to let go... and they wanted $350 for em. For $100 more I can get the knock off Rota's.

1996-cadillac-eldorado-white.jpg

1996cadillaceldoradoconvertible.jpg

Gxp wheels pop up a lot on gpf a lot

You're right on that, and sadly a lot of the Gen 1 stuff to lower it is out of production.

As far as 16's, I wouldn't do it. I'm looking for 18's unless they're wire wheels then I'd do 16's.

I remember 5 years ago it was easy to find wheels in 14" diameter. Nowadays, not so much.

Not to sound like an ingrate, but I've been there, done that. I've beat that dead horse for 2 years now. I wanted to get Bonneville GXP wheels for my old Pontiac and do Corvette brake calipers all around. Only problem is that I never found em. I was gonna do torque stars on it too, same issue. The first thing that usually goes in a yard are wheels. Usually the junkyard puts steel wheels on the inventory unless it's a wheel with low demand. It's rare to find a set of wheels at the yard and the Craiglist in my area is dead as far as GM wheels go. The closest I got to getting wheels for this car was 16" Cadillac wheels.

I was almost looking like this, but turned out that one of the wheels was bent and didn't find another one at the yard. Had to let go... and they wanted $350 for em. For $100 more I can get the knock off Rota's.

1996-cadillac-eldorado-white.jpg

1996cadillaceldoradoconvertible.jpg

Ahhh those 077's... I've been wanting them since my Grand Am days. :(

I've been digging the Niche Milan and found they're quite (relatively) inexpensive.

http://www.mhtwheels.com/mht-luxury-alloy-wheel.cfm?id=9315

Hey, those do look nice man! I might have to see where can I get em for the low considering I need tires as well :biggrin:

Ahhh those 077's... I've been wanting them since my Grand Am days. :(

I had them on my 94 vert as well.

Had to go back to stock last summer when a tire went flat and the wife drove on it. :(

Haven't gotten around to replacing it and not sure I'll bother since we're actively shopping for a new (to us) car to replace it.

$_3.JPG

I love chrome on a black car and chrome holds up very well if they NEVER see road salt, but if swapping out wheels in the winter is too cumbersome (as it has gotten to be for me), then I wouldn't recommend chrome.

Hey, those do look nice man! I might have to see where can I get em for the low considering I need tires as well :biggrin:

Ebay is the cheapest I've seen them. $900 shipped for 19x8.5. 20" for a grand, but I've always thought 19" looks just right on these cars and 20" looks too big. Maybe with a really aggressive drop to where it's tucking some tire, 20" could look good.

Gnat, How much would you be willing to sell your 077's for?

Of course assuming you wouldn't have a use for em.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk.

• 5 months later...

Those Eagle 077`s look awesome, Ive always been a bit partial to A/R Torque Thrust rims but Ive never looked into if they could fit or not. I never really learned much about rim fitment and probably should. I would like to get a new set of rims one of theses days. These sawtooth? sawblade? rims sort of mess with me knowing the drivers side are sweeping back and the passenger side is sweeping forward. The Olds 5 spoke are a bit plain looking for as many lines as there are in the CS, needs some more detail.

Hey GnatGOSplat what are those rims on your `89 Intl in your sig? They look about perfect on it.

They're CSA Gladiators, made by Mullins Wheels in Australia. Only place I could find in North America that sold them was a place in Canada. They're pretty much a Mille Miglia Evo 5 clone, but without the fake bolts. It was worth to me to have them shipped to the US from Canada, because that's how much I didn't like the fake bolts. If you don't mind the fake bolts, Tirerack has a clone of the original Evo 5's called Sport Edition KV5.

Eagle alloy 17 inch 185s

post-3927-143689170714_thumb.jpg

Mustang 18 inch bullits (offset my be a issue on earlier cars though)

post-3927-143689170727_thumb.jpg

Edited by jake91