Motor Concept 3100/3400/3500/3900

Michael Savage

Actually it's designed around 2 to 12 stroke and offers most engine prebuilt to stock specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but back to the topic. So using the 3900 block is sadly out of the question.

So easiest way would be a 3500 with a good amount of tweaking

let me ask a stupid question: What about just getting a 3900 and disabling the VVT?

Also, no matter what you do, DO NOT use small port 3100 intakes on whatever you build. It would be like duct taping your face shut in the middle of a marathon. You could go large port 3100 for a sleeper look (such as 01 GP, same parts as the 3400 except the number on top) and the sensors you speak of are easy to work through, most are the same.... and the question of what is not the same depends on your choice of PCM and programming.

Edited by Crazy K

Patrick picture was what I was suspecting to see for some reason lol

Wouldn't you have trouble swapping over to roller rockers and I'm not sure if VVT uses lifters.

And if it's at all like what GM does on the LS engines, main differences for VVT will be the timing cover, cam position sensor, cam gear, and the cam itself.

^This. My layman's understanding is that VVT advances valve timing by using a cam phaser in the timing cover. As Turbocharged400sbc mentioned a couple pages back, there's ways you could rig the timing system up rather than deleting it.

id bet you could do it, even to the point of using a manual rpm triggered vvt control scheme if ya wanted...