Wheel spacer question

gambler87

I'm getting a set of 17x8" wheels that will be going onto the 96gtp. I'm wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head what thickness of spacer would u use to push out the stock 16" wheels even with the fender flares, I can do the rest of the math after that. Pics would help

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Has anyone put stock wheels right under the fender flares by using spacers? If not I will post the fiancé here once I get my wheels mounted up in a couple weeks

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

How big a spacer you need (or don't need) is entirely dependent on the wheel, see:

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/75603-How-do-tires-amp-rims-work-a-brief-tutorial-(2nd-attempt)

If you don't know what you have bolt the wheels on and decide how much further you want to go out and buy according to that.

I've been running spacers on my z34 for years with no problems, .23 in spacers on the front without longer studs (however the earlier type that has thread all the way out to the end) and 1in bolt one on the rear.