Hey Guys, its been a minute

theghoul

Hello fellow W-body dudes/dude-ettes.

Its been a while since I logged on. I still have my red 95 CS Vert. Running like a champ, but I dont drive it much.

I was looking at local auction site here in Michigan and I found something pretty cool.

Check it out.

https://www.biddergy.com/catalog.asp?catid=12321&n=Engines

Yep, that's right. Brand new crated 3.4s from the Detroit Public School system. lol

Auction starts tomorrow. I may grab 2 :)

-Al

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 94 olds vert

• theghoul

• Psych0matt

• GOT2B GM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if someone wanted to grab one of these, I'd pay a little extra and I'd come pick it up within a week or two if kept under $50. Completely serious too!

Anyways, good to see you around again! :thumbsup:

Welcome back theghoul. :D

i seem to remember a bunch of people saying that the LQ1s GM sent to schools had some kind of major flaw to them? was that just a rumor?

I've had two apart and there was absolutely nothing wrong with them at all. My school had 8 in total.

If those go cheap at auction, buy up all of them that you can. If you have a space to store them in, you can easily turn a large profit off of them while providing them at a decent price to others.

I dont think you have been active on the forums since I have been around. I have found many of your post useful when I was working on my Cutty.

Thanks for posting that link. I may buy up as many as I can. Lol

*It is the responsibility of the highest bidder to bring the proper tools and help necessary to remove items*

So, I have to load this up? What does a stripped down DOHC weigh like 300-400 pounds? I don't have an engine lift. I would have to rent one of those. Heck I would do one up all pretty with paint and polished aluminum and use it as a coffee table.

So, I have to load this up? What does a stripped down DOHC weigh like 300-400 pounds? I don't have an engine lift. I would have to rent one of those. Heck I would do one up all pretty with paint and polished aluminum and use it as a coffee table.

They weigh a bit over 500lbs fully dressed I believe(not exactly sure if the 500lb figure is for one fully assembled or not, just throwing out the number I've seen a few times), so figure on close to 400lbs at least(mine seems to be about 400lbs - it's f**** heavy). The ones still in the crates of course will be slightly heavier than that. As much shit as that place has, I'm guessing they have a pallet jack around there somewhere to load up one of the crated ones for you.

I'm curious what they'll go for. If nobody shows up that has plenty of money + storage space, I'm guessing most of them will go cheap.

Edited by mfewtrail

Damn. Been a long time since that last Kensington meet I saw ya at. Hows it been?

Everything's been good. Moving along nicely. Living in the country-burb is..interesting. Mosquitos and the water seems to be the big issues.

Just a reminder to everyone, it starts today at 8am est. It's all online at ends at 8pm.

Things go pretty cheap at this site. Not a lot of people know about it.

I've bought a few things from them. Its a HUGE consignment warehouse in Kalamazoo. Stuff is just everywhere.

I hope things go cheap. I have never heard of this site before. I just made an account.

Im on well water now and still trying to get used to it. The bugs are terrible out here compared to the city.