1998 Monte Carlo Wipers Not Working

3pt1lumina

A little back story, the car has been parked outside for about 3 months unmoved due to a transmission issue. For the past couple of days I've started driving it again to start the diagnosis process, and this morning the wipers did not work at all. They definitely worked when the car was parked, so I'll start with fuses/relays. If I have no luck there, does anyone have a wiring diagram they can post so I can check the wiring from the switch to the motor? The motor isn't making any noise at all (as far as I could tell on a quick glance this AM).

If it's not fuses or wiring, I'm assuming the motor or multifunction switch that went bad. correct? Thanks in advance.

Do they make any noise when you turn on the switch?

A little back story, the car has been parked outside for about 3 months unmoved due to a transmission issue. For the past couple of days I've started driving it again to start the diagnosis process, and this morning the wipers did not work at all. They definitely worked when the car was parked, so I'll start with fuses/relays. If I have no luck there, does anyone have a wiring diagram they can post so I can check the wiring from the switch to the motor? The motor isn't making any noise at all (as far as I could tell on a quick glance this AM).

If it's not fuses or wiring, I'm assuming the motor or multifunction switch that went bad. correct? Thanks in advance.

i've had an interesting issue where randomly the wipers won't work until switched to high. after that, they'll work at any position.

Mine done something similar, only they worked on high, but no other setting. Turned out the circuit board on the motor went bad. New motor, and everything was good as new.

Same thing happens on my 96 Lumina where you have to switch it to HIGH to get it to work first. I did try that (first thing I tried actually because of that car).

When I jumped back in the car last night to move it before I replaced the VSS, when I put the key to the run position (I always let the fuel pump prime before I start the car, weird habit of mine), and when I did that the wipers came on even though the switch was in the off position. They only went one full cycle then went back down. After that I tried the switch and they worked, but they are super slow and sound horrible. I'm assuming the wiper motor needs to be replaced.

Anyone ever replaced one before? I'll most likely hit the junkyard in the next couple weeks. One other thing (which may be a dumb question), one from a 95-99 Lumina will work, right? Just wasn't sure because of the 2 door/4 door difference, I know the glass is different. But that shouldn't make a difference with the motors I am assuming. I also wasn't sure if I had to stay close to the year because of stupid differences--like the clusters where only 95-96 work together and then 97+ work together. I don't have time to be going back to the yard multiple times and I know the yard only has 1 1.5 gen Monte in there and I'm not sure of the year on it... but I know they have a ton of Luminas.