help troublshooting

BlkndGoldCutlass

I have a 1993 Lumina Z34 obviously with the 3.4l lol. Ive been having trouble trying to figure out what her deal is. When i start her up she runs and drives fine. When it reaches operating temp the idle is really wacky and when driven it bucks and studders until you make it to about 20mph. When coming to a stop it may stall. In the past 1000 miles ive replaced plugs, wires, all injectors, fuel pump, fuel filter, plus the timing belt was redone 5000 miles ago. I know the O2 sensor is bad b/c it wont come out of open loop and im in the process of replacing it but im not thinking thats my issue.

Any help would be great! Thanks Guys!

yeah im going to go ahead and replace that. The other possibility that ran through my head is that the Catalytic converter may be bad?

what does the battery voltage and RPM dip down to during the event of the problem?

if you have a datalog of the narrowband signal before and after replacing the O2 then you will be able to see if there is any change.

• 2 weeks later...