1989 TGP rescue begins!

ACTdryice

Just picked up an 89 TGP in Niagara Falls, 95000 miles, needed a tune up, alt and water pump to get it going..now to the rest of it. Gonna try and post some pics of the engine before and after dry ice blast cleaning it.

I have a dry ice blasting cleaning business, it's quite similar to sand blasting except we use

pelletized co2. Nothing to clean up accept what is removed, co2 turns back to a gas on impact.

And thank you!

That's amazing! I'm assuming there's little danger then of water intruding into stuff as well, compared to steam cleaning, right?

I have a dry ice blasting cleaning business, it's quite similar to sand blasting except we use

pelletized co2. Nothing to clean up accept what is removed, co2 turns back to a gas on impact.

And thank you!

Correct all dry ice is, is compressed carbon dioxide. It's forced into being a solid when it's run through a die, put it in a blaster add the correct(most gentle) attachment to the end of the gun and squeeze the trigger, it hits the surface and instantly converts back to a gas and expand 1 to 400 ratio on a cold surface and twice that on a hot one. No water, no left over material. My engine bay took abt 15-20 min.