Possible summer project

99RegalGS

I've always wanted dual exhaust on my Regal, but today I thought that I would photoshop on some tips on a picture of my car. When I did it It looked good but not as good as I wanted. So, I extended my bumper down around my tips.

Here's a the picture that I made. I'm not the best at photoshop though.

94back2.gif

What do you guys think?

BTW:I couldn't find a good rear pic of my car so I borrowed this one.

I think the dual exhaust looks much better than single exhuast.

They make the car look more powerful i guess. I'd do the conversion if you wanna spend the time and money for it.

If I do the dual exhaust I think that I will just take off the muffler so I have more space for bends. And I might do the exhaust my self.

All that I would need to have someone else to do is to paint the modified bumper. But my next door neighbor owns a body shop. :D

And I don't think it will be too loud because I herd the 3800 is a somewhat quiet engine.

it will be loud depending on how u do it i did mine runnin a 2.5 pipin all the way with a high flow cat n performance mufflers n it used to scream

but ya it looks good i like the modified bumber

just put some chromed turn downs on the end :wink: line them up w/ the bumper...I'll show you what I mean in a few weeks...my dad is changing the exhaust on his 94 Regal soon 8) (one chamber flow, removing the resonator and running 2.5'' piping from the cat back and making a "y" near the end for the dual appearance, he's pretty much set on using turn down style tips)

EDIT: added an extra "e" in appearance :oops:

I like it, but my only concern is with lowering the bumper. If you extend the bumper like that don't you think it will be difficult to line it up with the ground effects on the other side of the rear fenders?

I just remembered that at my step dad's work they have a mandrel bender. but the bad thing is that the biggest it can bend is 2 3/8" piping. but I can get stainless steel pipe for free from my grandpa. :D

just put some chromed turn downs on the end :wink: line them up w/ the bumper...I'll show you what I mean in a few weeks...my dad is changing the exhaust on his 94 Regal soon 8) (one chamber flow, removing the resonator and running 2.5'' piping from the cat back and making a "y" near the end for the dual appearance, he's pretty much set on using turn down style tips)

Ok, yeah just send me the pictures when you guys do it.

A shop will give you crap about the 2.5 piping not fitting. They're talking about not fitting through the suspension. You need to tell them you want it UNDER the suspension like 94+ stock duals. You'd be surprised how many shops will tell you it can't be done.

A shop will give you crap about the 2.5 piping not fitting. They're talking about not fitting through the suspension. You need to tell them you want it UNDER the suspension like 94+ stock duals. You'd be surprised how many shops will tell you it can't be done.

I don't recall seeing any W's w/ it(the stock exhaust) running through the suspension, but I've heard of them, anyone got pics? My 93 had it under the suspension stock(stock "dual exhaust") as well as the 90 TGP..I'm guessing the single systems go through? Anyways, just curious. I have pics of the routing of the TGP if any of you guys that have single need to show one to an exhaust shop or something.