Will Monte Carlo Fenders and Hood fit a Lumina?

ss95chevy

Hi guys!

Well, I smacked a deer the other morning and got some cosmetic damage. Need a hood and 1 fender.

At the local junkyard all the Luminas are stripped but there is a Monte Carlo there with good parts. My Lumina

is a 1998 and was wondering if the Monte's parts will fit? Not sure of the year on the Monte since I was only searching

for luminas at the time but it's around my year. I didn't know if the Monte having only 2 doors changed the front end any.

Thanks!

i asked about this before.... went the other direction though.

i believe what it came down to was that the little plastic piece at the bottom of the fender on the MC was different compared to the lumina.

that MAY have been the only difference. hoods should interchange.

By plain appearance, they should since technically they're the same car but I'm not sure if they changed the bottom and side of the fender to mount it on the coupe. I would take it off and try it on a lumina in a junkyard. That way you know for sure. It shouldn't take more than 20 mins to take a fender and hood off.

depends on how rusted everything is... the two little bolts on the bottom that mount into the pinch-welded portions gave me almost 20 minutes of trouble alone.

• 3 months later...

I know plastic molded splash guards are not interchangeable on fenders, but as Saar said that may be just because of the plastic piece.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 months later...