convertible top and bad interior

irocn2013

hi guys i have a 1992 cutlass supreme convertible that i bought for $1000.00 bucks but it has a interior not matching ( original red interior ) it has tan seats which seem to had come from a newer grand prix and not even the right pattern seats and do not fold either and are powerd....now the top is broken or so i think it is since ive seen and read from u guys that its a two piece top. the guy who i bought it from locked him self out and ripped or opend the back window out but it doesnt seem ripped!! now my question is, is the back piece window is it glued or stitched??? here are some pictures of it... if u could help that would be great thanks guys and Godbless.

sorry guys cant post pictures at this point but to paint u a mind picture let say the back piece where it holds the window to the top its down but no ripps or tears in the material or the window

The back window curtain is not permanently attached to the rest of the top. It can be removed and replaced independently. The window curtain hangs from a metal rod, and the bottom is stapled and glued to the car. I'm assuming that the bottom is still attached, and the top is not attached? I haven't assembled a full top, hopefully someone else will chime in with better details. But on my convertible, when one side of my back window curtain fell off the metal rod (because the metal rod ripped through the canvas), I lowered the top halfway to remove the tension, and was able to reattach the window curtain and patch the hole. I'm not sure how he could have done this from the outside without cutting something though.

The back window curtain is not permanently attached to the rest of the top. It can be removed and replaced independently. The window curtain hangs from a metal rod, and the bottom is stapled and glued to the car. I'm assuming that the bottom is still attached, and the top is not attached? I haven't assembled a full top, hopefully someone else will chime in with better details. But on my convertible, when one side of my back window curtain fell off the metal rod (because the metal rod ripped through the canvas), I lowered the top halfway to remove the tension, and was able to reattach the window curtain and patch the hole. I'm not sure how he could have done this from the outside without cutting something though.
yeah he cut one of the straps that hangs from the rod to the curtain. Now I can seem to fix it by stitching back the cut strap and how it the curtain installed?? Is da rest of da curtain glued around the outter top??