hoodilio

ok, i already have a system installed, but i didnt install the front ones, someone else did. I was just wundering how do i get to the front speakers in the dash of a 1993 Cutlass coupe, do i really have to take the entire dash off?

ok, i already have a system installed, but i didnt install the front ones, someone else did. I was just wundering how do i get to the front speakers in the dash of a 1993 Cutlass coupe, do i really have to take the entire dash off?

well if it's anything like my 88, which I'm damn sure it is, yes, yes you DO need to take the whole dash out. However NOT that hard, just annoying. I'm not sure if it's like mine but I had to take out 2 screws in the glove box, take off the trim (5 screws) and then 3(i think) 7mm screws around the radio and then 2 in the heat vents.. Hopefully this helps!

I was just wundering how do i get to the front speakers in the dash of a 1993 Cutlass coupe, do i really have to take the entire dash off?

Yes... unfortunatly, it's one of the major downsides of W-Body stereo installs.

- Erik

I was just wundering how do i get to the front speakers in the dash of a 1993 Cutlass coupe, do i really have to take the entire dash off?

Yes... unfortunatly, it's one of the major downsides of W-Body stereo installs.

- Erik

Really? maybe its just with cutty's, because i didnt have to take my dash off. I have 4X6 in the front, and was able to work in that tight space, somehow. It was a pain, but it worked :)

John

Really? maybe its just with cutty's, because i didnt have to take my dash off.

D'OH! :x Yeah, I should of been more specific.

The Cutlass's are the worse for front speaker replacement.

- Erik

- Erik

oops. :)

-10 points for erik. :lol:

I havent seen a cutty's dash, so i dont know what they look like.

John

I used a dremal, hammer, chizzle, and a pair of cissors and cut my way to the fuckers, hehe, messy, and doesn't look the best, but im cheap.

WTF! It only takes 5-minutes tops to pull a Cutlass upper dash pad.

My Grand Prix dash pad needs pulled to change the speakers too.

I just peeled off the fabrivc then took the black cover off by breakign the anchors on it with the chizzle, i then used the dremel to saw around the bolts, pulled the old speakers out and dynomatted it, put my new ones in, secured them, put the black covered down, used some appoxy to fuse it down, and then left the black exposed, it looks better. I did a good job of it, and now I have something a little different.

*shrug*

- Erik

my stock speakers/tweeters are in the doors and are easy to get to.....don't know why I would have to remove the dash to replace the speakers :?