Changing the antenna mast on a Cutlass Supreme.

Nas Escobar

I recently bought a Cutlass convertible, and one of the many minor issues is that the antenna mast doesn't go all the way down. I personally don't really care for it, so long it works, but today I found out the reason why it wouldn't go down. It turns out that the mast itself is bent, so it can't retract all the way down.

Now, I would usually take this chance to take off the antenna, but since I don't have a radio with AUX/USB capabilities yet, I was wondering what would it take to change the antenna?

Can I get it at the parts store, or would it be easier to get it at the junkyard? My local junkyard normally doesn't stock early age W bodies, and usually ends up getting rid of GM cars quickly, so IDK how universal these masts are.

Also, anyone have a how to?

Damn, 20 bucks for an Antenna? I mean I would like for it to hide, but it's not that important. lol

I might check the junkyards to see if I can make anything work, if not I guess I'm coughing up $20