Any mechanics out there? I need some help!

Senor PuffPuff

I hit a pothole about a week and a half ago, which I probably got air off of, and it messed my car up pretty bad.

Problem is, I hit the pothole with the right front and rear tires, but all of the damage is on the left side! How the hell could that happen?

I broke the left front drive axle and it knocked my window track off, so now I can't drive it or roll up the window...

My question is... is it possible that I could hit a pothole with the right side of my car and it breaks the left axle and left window track? I've only owned the car for maybe 5 or 6 weeks, and I'm absolutely POSITIVE that I haven't hit anything else except that damn pothole...

I'm worried that the city's insurance company is just going to tell me off because all the damage is on the "wrong" side of the car...

The window is possible but I really dunno how the left axle would've broke unless it was already fucked.... I have no clue. Just say it was on the left side?

I wish I could, but the pothole is right beside the curb on the far left side of the road so if I hit it with my left side, I would have been driving across people's front lawns lol.

Also, if the left side is broken completely, will my car still drive?

I would think the jarring impact put against old parts on the opposite side, combined with the change in normal driving angle could have snapped the axle. Look in the thread on the General section - there is a post about a window sticking. I wrote up a quick how-to guide on the R&R on putting your window back on track. It will be different attachment locations (since it looks like you have a completely different car) but theory is the same. Pulling door panels is annoying at times, but not particularly difficult.