What is this pipe??

jpfish

Fix it?  

1. 1. Fix it?

• Yes. you HAVE to
    • No. t'll be find
    • its up to you. It wontmake a difference
    • What the hell is it?

I cracked this pipe on accident, but wth is it? it is still broken but my SES light and all others are still off so i say screw it, but does anyone know what it is?

from what i saw, it comes from Left hand (drivvers side fender, around between battery and "wheel hump", under the windshield washer tank, then into a lttle plug thing, then up to the engine block, anyone know what it is. here are 2 pics, one by battery, one by engine. thanks.

p.s. they are big pics.

http://www.geocities.com/jpfish3/1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/jpfish3/2.jpg

links arn't working.

just use copy and paste.

in the first picture that looks like ur vacuum accessory line, but u have a ton of lines within that red oval so i could be looking at the wrong thing. the second one looks metal ,i have no idea what that is. can u try to more specifically hilite teh exact line in those pics. just point to the front dont label anything else

Holy blurry pictures batman! :shock:

Looks (and sounds) like your vacuum reservoir line. You might wanna fix that if you like having reliable operation of things like your brakes and cruise control :wink:

and from the looks of the PVC valve it is either a 94 or 95 motor = electronic cruise control.

Just go to an auto parts store and get some 1/8" vacuum hose, it should slip right over that cracked one and then just superglue the ends to seal it.

Brakes dont run off that line, WTF

No..brakes don't run off THAT line. But if there is no reservoir (or a break in the line), there is less vaccum available for the brakes.

Yeah..I know there are fail-safes built into the booster to prevent loss of vaccum for braking. But I don't always trust them. It's better to just fix the reservoir line.

And I was un-aware that the car had electronic cruise. If it DIDN'T have electronic cruise, then it would run off of vacuum as well.