Various questions

Fred931

First: I want to get a sense of how much power my TGP is making. As far as I know, there is not a shop with a dyno within HOURS of Mobile, AL, so I can't figure out that way. I know my mods (flybynite stage II tune, K&N filter, 19# injectors) and a couple runs (9.07@67MPH and 9.63@69MPH). I used calculators on the latter, but the range is as great as 160-240HP.

Also, I want to replace the stock mufflers. I don't understand how to measure exhaust pipe between inside and outside diameter, so I don't know what size inlets/outlets to get. It also even seems like the pipes get smaller after the split to the twin exhaust tips.:shrug: Two questions in one: What is the size (or how can I figure out with just a tape measure), and can I just use one muffler before the pipes split, replacing the originals with just pipe, or do I need to get two, one for each side?

I've asked on the TGP site but it's just d-e-d-dead.

exhaust size on mine is 2 1/4 to 2 inch after the y, if you want to put a muffler before the split it needs to be a glasspack or similar size, i have 2 street strip summit mufflers and they sound pretty nice but i'm also in a similar conflict, a caliper is needed to measure the pipe accuratly

exhaust size on mine is 2 1/4 to 2 inch after the y, if you want to put a muffler before the split it needs to be a glasspack or similar size, i have 2 street strip summit mufflers and they sound pretty nice but i'm also in a similar conflict, a caliper is needed to measure the pipe accuratly

So, when I order a muffler(s), do I want to order it with the openings 2 1/4 or 2 inches as-listed in the description of the part? Or do I need to figure the proper size inlets to get based on some math? I don't see why it wouldn't be the former. Also, say I put one muffler before the split. I would need 2" inside-diameter​ pipe to replace the stock mufflers, right?

I think in the future, I will swap the catback to 2.5". For now, I'm just kinda :showoff: about the noise.

This forum is also so much faster than TGPForums and I'm not surprised, since this one discusses more than two very lonely models.

Got more information and a good idea of what to do from Adam. Thanks to him.

So can anyone estimate how much power I am making? Here's the full timeslip from that run:

Reac: +.3376

60: 2.1536

330: 6.1349

ET @ 594ft: 8.3996

1/8 E/T: 9.07

MPH: 67.05

The top of the receipt: MOBILE DRAGWAY | "WORLDS GREATEST DRAGSTRIP" :lol:

Someone on TGPF said 230-240 is reasonable. I will also go back to the track this coming Friday to hopefully get a better run (harness flew off that time, probably didn't help the time)

Got more information and a good idea of what to do from Adam. Thanks to him.

So can anyone estimate how much power I am making? Here's the full timeslip from that run:

Someone on TGPF said 230-240 is reasonable. I will also go back to the track this coming Friday to hopefully get a better run (harness flew off that time, probably didn't help the time)

Hard to judge being that all you have are 1/8th mile times - but comparing them to other W-body and grand prix times, I'd guess around 210HP +/- 5HP at the crank. Would be curious to see your 1/4 mile times, but based on my comparisons, you're probably in the range of 13.9-14.5. Of course, there's a lot of variables here, biggest one being the driver. Having compared track slips, I'm kind of surprised you're getting 9's though with that slow(no offense) of a trap speed - must be getting her out of the hole pretty quickly.

Nearest 1/4 is in Gulfport, about two and a half hours away. The ones in Atmore and Pensacola (both still a helluva stretch) were 1/4 mile's but ran out of money and shut down within the last few years. :(

My first run was a 9.6-something but with a trap of 70MPH flat. I run Cooper Zeon RS3-A tires based on they last much longer than a lot of tires in the original size, but they are actually very, very good tires overall. I am also a whopping 130lbs, and I left the spare and tools in my dad's van.:thumbsup:

I said I would be going this weekend but I just remembered I'm working next Friday...

Edited by Fred931