Grand prix/Camaro headlights

Silentkillzr

you can preety much build your own if you can get the lense out of its housing. I used a razor blade, goof off and a small flat-head screwdriver to separate them and you just get the buld you want and silicone it back in. Of course you cant use ANY bulb but there are a few that will work. Plenty of threads with part numbers floating around here.

.... so these new housings don't even have a projector in them? so what the hell is their advantage over just removing the stock bulb from the stock housing?

.... so these new housings don't even have a projector in them? so what the hell is their advantage over just removing the stock bulb from the stock housing?

Nope, no projector.

I guess the advantage is you don't need to look for HID bulbs that have the right size neck and O-ring to press-fit into stock housings, but then I think almost all cheap generic HID bulbs have the right size neck and O-ring.

Yeah, the modified Philips D2S bulbs I bought for my 89 around a decade ago would not remotely come close to fitting the stock housings, but the generic Chinese 9006 replacements fit perfectly. You can get a Chinese kit with ballasts and bulbs for $30 every day on eBay.

yup, silicone any chinese 9006 hid retrofit bulbs into the back of our oem housings and you're good to go.

Tape will also work if you want to annoy the living hell out of all drivers that are infront of you.

Sort of... original car-side connectors will plug right into the cheap Chinese ballasts, and the ballasts have their own high voltage wiring going to the bulbs with a special connector.

So HID kits are pretty much plug & play, you just need to find a place to stick the ballasts.

IMHO, buy these:

http://www.eurolamps.com/eurolamps/camaro_headlights.htm

So you don't have to jury rig anything. Pick a decent aftermarket headlight bulb. The ones that come with are kinda shitty quality, I like Phillips CrystalVision.

And leave the HIDs to your fogs. So you can turn them off when not needed (but some form of headlight IS necessary) and not blind oncoming traffic.

Miniquads need all the light output help they can get!! No one ever flashes me because of the hid's siliconed into miniquads.

Miniquads need all the light output help they can get!! No one ever flashes me because of the hid's siliconed into miniquads.

Me neither. Even with HIDs in them, they're not super bright.

IMHO, buy these:

http://www.eurolamps.com/eurolamps/camaro_headlights.htm

So you don't have to jury rig anything. Pick a decent aftermarket headlight bulb. The ones that come with are kinda shitty quality, I like Phillips CrystalVision.

And leave the HIDs to your fogs. So you can turn them off when not needed (but some form of headlight IS necessary) and not blind oncoming traffic.

Thanks! That's more like it, $77-$88 for BOTH of the lenses, and you even get starter bulbs.