??Camaro Mass Airflow Sensor on a 3.1 Lumina??

thomasjtsi

I have began putting together a custom cold air intake for my 99' Lumina w/ the 3.1L engine. Using custom bent 3" exhaust pipe, relocating the batter to the trunk, a custom ordered K&N filter, and a sheet of aluminum for heat disipation. The custom bent pipe will locate the K&N filter in the fender through a large opening next to the battery location. Thus, moving the battery to the trunk. Then using a peice of aluminum, filling in the opening around the pipe. ?? My question is weither or not I can use a Mass Airflow Sensor from a Camaro. ?? A friend of mine has Monte with the 3.8L, and he has a Air Flow Sensor from a camaro. I just don't know what year to use. If I can even use one at all. PLEASE HELP

I have began putting together a custom cold air intake for my 99' Lumina w/ the 3.1L engine. Using custom bent 3" exhaust pipe, relocating the batter to the trunk, a custom ordered K&N filter, and a sheet of aluminum for heat disipation. The custom bent pipe will locate the K&N filter in the fender through a large opening next to the battery location. Thus, moving the battery to the trunk. Then using a peice of aluminum, filling in the opening around the pipe. ?? My question is weither or not I can use a Mass Airflow Sensor from a Camaro. ?? A friend of mine has Monte with the 3.8L, and he has a Air Flow Sensor from a camaro. I just don't know what year to use. If I can even use one at all. PLEASE HELP

Absolutly can! BUT.. its not worth the money to do it. The one you have now is rated up to ~500hp. Its overkill but the reason they did that was to mass produce a sensor they can use in All the cars.

you wouldnt notice any performance gains from steping up to one from an LT1 v8.

at best with that intake you might see 1hp increase...

$300+ for 1 hp isnt a good cost ratio