New project

93cutty

So my dad calls me and says he found his next project car. As soon as I hear what it is I hate him for it because I didnt see it on craigslist first. Its a 95 LQ1 cutlass convertible. Previous owner slid into a curb last winter and busted the wheel and bent the subframe so bad that the left wheel is touching the fender well. It starts and runs good. The interior needs a new drivers seat and none of the windows, interior lights, or vert top work. My dad gave him 600 bucks and we brought it home. My dad plans on making this car new again so I will take photos as he goes.

post-2904-143689106505_thumb.jpg

post-2904-143689106527_thumb.jpg

post-2904-143689106541_thumb.jpg

post-2904-143689106557_thumb.jpg

post-2904-143689106569_thumb.jpg

Yep that is the one from Macomb. He had listed it 4 months ago for 1200 but I was in the process of moving so I didnt bother. It is very clean, there is no rust and other than a small dent on the drivers fender the paint is perfect. My dad is trying to chase down why the windows or top wont work. The interior lights also stay on if you put a fuse in so it has a few electrical gremlins. The engine cradle is bent big time but the other front end pieces look alright.

You bastard.. just kidding looks like a good score. The guy you bought it from told me to remind you that he'd like to see it when you are all done with it. I love the blue! Looked pretty nice. CONGRATS@

Still trying to isolate the electical problems. My dad ran a seperate power wire to the vert motor and got nothing. Windows still not working but you can hear the relay in the console clicking. I dont think the plugs had ever been changed either, they were pretty bad.

• 2 weeks later...

My dad found out that the connection under the drivers side carpet was unhooked so now all the electric works. Convert motor is shot so he is gonna have it rebuilt. New wheel came in from ebay the other day and we picked up new leather interior with carpet for 50 bucks. Next week we change the subframe.

The interior is out of a 94 and it is charcoal leather with the rear fold down seats. I'm really hopin no one needed a mint condition 94 console because I didnt have any room for it and he threw it away. He also has a 3.4 with tranny for $250.

• 3 weeks later...

My dad always says he is gonna take his time with this one. Then he puts it all together in a month. The electical problem turned out to be an unplugged connection under the carpet, vert pump replaced, wheels repainted, interior swapped out, subframe replaced, and he changed the intake gasket. Car runs and looks amazing now. The red one is his 66 starfire he just restored.post-2904-143689109216_thumb.jpg

post-2904-143689109198_thumb.jpg

post-2904-143689109181_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...