Looking at methanol injection for L67

iTurbo

Hey guys I'm looking at methanol injection setups for the Regal. I've decided things like cam, a real intercooler, or headers are going to have to wait until the engine comes out again. I recently decided against the 1.9 rockers as well. Therefore, I'm looking for something fairly easy to install and will all but guarantee I can safely run the 3.4" pulley with my current mods and eliminate any KR.

I've looked at kits from Devil's Own and Snow Performance. But I'm unclear on where the nozzle gets installed on the L67. Before or after the M90? If before, will it hurt the rotors having a fine mist going through them or would it actually be beneficial? Is there a way to install the nozzles below the S/C, possibly right into the LIM?

I've heard it's bad to spray before the M90 as it will eat the Teflon off of the rotors. You may wanna post this question on the regal gs forums as I'm pretty sure there are a few guys over there spraying.

I say before. A friend of mine and I supercharged his Land Rover Discovery, and installed the meth injector before the rotors. My friend said it helped keep the rotors and housing cooler. He also said the rotors mix everything up too, so you're less likely to lean out a cylinder.

I know it's apples vs oranges, so take it FWIW.

Edited by tornado_735

According to the Snow Performance website:

Positive Displacement Supercharger: Roots style (B&M, Eaton, Magnuson, etc.) or twin screw (Lysholm, Kenne Bell, Whipple, etc.) Mounting the nozzle before this style of blower is perfectly safe and actually provides some additional benefits. The small amount of water-methanol fluid isn’t harmful to any rotor seals or surfaces or coatings, and it helps to seal the clearances and condense the air some more, resulting in a more efficient output. Additionally, it keeps the rotors and housing MUCH cooler, which reduces heat transfer to the rest of the intake and air charge.

AND you will have to get a inline MAF and spray after the MAF.

Thanks guys. I have read up on much of the topic, particularly regalgs.org. From what I understand, it's only the GenV S/C that has teflon coated rotors (correct me if I'm wrong). Also, there was a guy on regalgs.org that said after spraying meth/H20 for a long time his rotors looked fine and the piston tops looked new from the steam cleaning affect from meth/h20 injection. I have also read that it helps with blower efficiency by the meth/h20 injection tightening up the rotor clearances.

So I'm looking at this:

http://www.thrashercharged.com/l67_htm/nos.shtm

It's a N20 adapter plate from Thrasher that allows easier adaptation of nitrous systems. Of course, I don't have much interest in nitrous, although I think the same product could also make it easier to integrate a water/meth injection setup. I have sent them an email about it, but it's the weekend so I haven't got a reply yet. I'm mostly concerned with the plate thickness and wether or not it will work with the aftermarket JMB intake I have on the car. I'm also looking at getting a phenolic T.B. spacer from ZZP but it looks thicker and not as easy to adapt the tapping a nozzle into so we'll see.