Grand prix front clip on intrigue?

mazdamx640

I have a 98 intrigue that im fixing up and i would like to swap the front clip ie. hood fenders and front bumper cover to my intrigue. has this been done do you think it would fit?

if you have a local junkyard that cares not what you do with parts in their yard, as long as your not stealing them, i would hit a yard up and give it a try to see first hand. I do this at my local yard all the time when i have a hairbrain idea come to mind. Best research facility in the work IMO :thumbsup:

Anyone seen if first gen GP And cutlass interchange? I really don't like sedan GP Front ends, prefer the Cutty front end ,

I kinda doubt it. I think a GP coupe to sedan front clip is possible. A B4U sedan would look really cool.

A CS sedan with a coupe bumper.

cs1.jpg

^ I personally really like that.

I'm 80% sure it would bolt up fine without major issues. You'd need the headlights as well. I once swapped a '94 cavalier door on to my '90 sunbird and was amazed how perfectly it fit.

As long as you don't tell the junkyard up front that you're going to mix up body parts from different cars, then you'll just look like any other shopper who didn't find what he was looking for.

The second gen clip will come absolutely no where close to fitting. The cars are not even remotely alike. The Intrigue shares much more with the Regal than anything else. The Intrigue and Regal both have this really long front fascia on them. The GP does not. The hood will not line up, the lights will not line up, nothing will even come close to bolting in. Just forget about this idea unless you want to cut the entire front (a pillars forward) and morph it onto your Intrigue.

If you want a Grand Prix, buy a Grand Prix.

I'm 80% sure it would bolt up fine without major issues. You'd need the headlights as well. I once swapped a '94 cavalier door on to my '90 sunbird and was amazed how perfectly it fit.

As long as you don't tell the junkyard up front that you're going to mix up body parts from different cars, then you'll just look like any other shopper who didn't find what he was looking for.

Well no shit, they're both J-bodies, which share an awful lot of body panels with each other in order to be as cheap as possible.

Edited by digitaloutsider

Yes I was talking about a 97-03 front clip sadly I dont have my 93 anymore :(

and I really dont like the rear ends of the gp's but the fronts look better than the intrigues so a gp clip would be the best of both worlds