having trouble with my 1990 oldsmobile cutlass supreme sl

fugate49

i have a 1990 oldsmobile cutlass supreme sl. it came from my mother my problems is we have put piece after piece on it now it starts and runs great sitting still but when you need to move it doesn't want to move we just put a new fuel pump on it but the fuel pressure goes up but then bottoms out can anyone please help tried everything we can think of

we have check those it's getting fuel ,it runs perfect sitting still the problem is when you give it gas it acts up it does not get gas it's like it is straving for fuel,we put a new fuel pump on it but it seems to be a pressure problem some thinks it the fuel pressure regulator any help would be helpful am at whit ends

Check your vaccum lines, sounds like one of them came off or the vaccum reseviour is toast. The res. (globe looking thing) is mounted way up under the front part of driver's fender on my 1994 CS. When that came unplugged, it would start fine, but when we put it in gear and tried to move it....it would just die!

I got caught once by not checking the brakes. Had a cutlass that the brakes were hanging up so much it felt that the car just had no power.