EGR Delete with Kenny Hot Tune Chip??

Addicted2bass

Is the Kenny Hot Tune chip already programmed for a EGR delete? I have been having several issues with the TGP lately. Rough idle, stalled on me a few times, hesitation on light acceleration. I have had the CE light come on very sporadically, generally only after driving the car for 15+ minutes. It will only come on briefly then shut back off. It is throwing 2 codes: Code 32 EGR Failure and Code 33 MAF/MAP Sensor to high. Im getting a new MAP sensor today. But as far as the EGR goes I would just like to eliminate that monstrosity. I have had nothing but EGR problems since I've had the car. Tried swapping with another used one, cleaned the hell out of it before I put it on. A new one is going to run me $130, I would rather spend $30 on a delete plate. Im just worried about running into issues if my chip is not tuned for the EGR delete. I posted a picture of my chip last year and general consensus was that it was a Kenny Hot Tune. Can anyone confirm that this chip is set up for a EGR delete?

If your getting the code 32 then the EGR is enabled in the tune. If you decide to delete the only problem you'll have is the CEL will be illuminated constantly. Make sure you check all your vacuum lines for a possible failure as well....

Robert: I have neither of those things. Not to mention I can only occasionally get a scan tool to connect to the car through the OBD port. Seems to be a ground issue, re-ground it problem goes away for a bit, then comes back.

Turbo v-sick: Are you saying if I do the EGR delete without disabling it in the tune the only issue I will have is the CE light on? I can live with that, but from the research I did it seems there could be other complications that could affect the way the car runs. Vacuum lines I completely re-did last year when the top end was apart. There are no noticeable vacuum leaks, but I will go over everything again.

i don't claim to know $8F algorithm as well as i do $A1 and later stuff, but simply blocking off the EGR port when the ECM is expecting EGR flow will cause 2 significantly bad things to happen: fuel will lean WAY out and EGR commanded added spark advance will still be added.

now, i haven't dove into the code to see if these two things are still applied with the EGR DTC set, but if i had to assume, i would say that they are still in effect even with the DTC set.

then again....... if the EGR is truly being stupid and not functioning, then you're pretty much experiencing this already.

and i'm starting to remember your ALDL issues actually... i seem to remember your DIC not functioning 100% from that problem as well?

I understand the issues both of you have commented on and yes there are some ramifications of doing such a thing but I assure they are minimal. Obviously more changes need to be made for the tune to accommodate the lack of an EGR but once in closed loop the o2 has complete control of the fuel calculations...

Yea the ALDL issues make everything a bit more of a PITA. I know I have continuity on both the data wires from the OBD to the ECM as I tested them with a DMM last year. Swapped ECMs and that did not fix the issue. I got rid of the factory ground to the OBD port and ran my own ground wire last year. Ran into the same "cannot connect with vehicle" issue again, changed the ground to a 10mm bolt under the dash that I also have my alarm and pillar gauges grounded to (which both work perfectly). I was able to connect a scan tool one time, and after that nothing. My DIC has been displaying accurate information (aside from miles to empty) since I re-grounded that wire.

The car actually ran better with no EGR flex pipe (thanks previous owner) then it does right now. Today I FINALLY tracked down my oil leak to the Oil Pressure Sensor, the damn thing appears to be spraying oil all over the place under acceleration. This may account for my one time stalling under acceleration, car saw low oil pressure so cut fuel? But im thinking the EGR may be the cause of my high/low/rough idle and occasional stalling at start up. Plus I have very noticeable hesitation at light/moderate acceleration.

Also today while looking for my oil leak I noticed 2 wires hanging under the car. Both tan w/ white stripe. They appeared to be factory wires that somebody had grounded to a bolt above the oil pan. The ground did not look factory and they had corroded and broken off the ground eye. I re-grounded them but am curious as to WTF they are for.

Sorry if I am rambling, i've had a few beers. Owning a TGP will do that to a guy:willynilly::willynilly:

you got the usb settings setup right for tunerpro?

I noticed that I can not connect now that I got my new hard drive in the laptop and windowsXP got wiped.

I need instructions to set that COM 1 -2 thing up again because I want to use my netbook for datalogging instead of my old dell clunker. I get caught up on that step every single time!

not sure if that is your issue, but it can be an annoying one.

Rick, PM me, i'll try and step you through it. i don't remember it being that complex, but i haven't done it in quite a few months either.

I saved the all the e-mails from back then, I was just going to review and see because I know you helped me set it up last time with that same laptop I think.