DrColorChip Review

Ramblin Garage

Hey guys, just got done using the DrColorChip system a bit today. Here is a couple of before and afters.

Before:

2012-05-13164541.jpg

During:

2012-05-13165343.jpg

After:

2012-05-13170720.jpg

Before:

IMAG0002.jpg

During:

IMAG0005.jpg

After:

IMAG0019.jpg

Before:

IMAG0003.jpg

During:

IMAG0006.jpg

After:

IMAG0008-1.jpg

Another after on the roof (gives you an idea of how it actually fills the chips):

IMAG0014.jpg

Overall I was VERY satisfied with the performance of the product. I thought it did exactly what it stated it would do.

Do NOT expect it to fill the chip and completely disappear. That is NOT what it is designed to do, it will paint the surface that is discolored. If you wanted it to be flush with the paint you would have to do the process multiple times.

I only did one side of my hood, I didn't have time for the other side, and one side looks brand new. You really have to look to see where the chips once were.

One thing that I didn't do during the process is use the glove for the smudging of the paint, I used the brush to kind of smudge it and level it out, I found that I got better results with this and it was just overall easier to do. Also, I found that do large areas and letting it sit for 20-30 minutes worked a little better, although it was a little tougher to get the excess paint off, but removing this excess paint didn't damage the new or old paint.

Also, I think that either the first or second kit that they offer would be fine to do a whole front end. I haven't used half of the solution that hardens and removes the excess paint and I did half of my hood and areas on the roof and trunk, which was well over 30-40 chips.

I will update when I go to buff and wax (which you are not supposed to do until 30 days after the application).

Like I said, I am overall very happy with the end results, my hood looks almost new again. The chips cannot be seen until you get within a foot and really look for them.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask, also I will update the thread with a video on Wednesday or Thursday. (5/16-5/17) :thumbsup:

As promised here's the video:

[video=youtube;sHhSnTQ1srE]

Again, in the close-ups you can see where the light is reflecting off of the indented area, but when I get a little further away you can really see where the chips disappear.

Sorry about the tapping noise, I'm not sure what that was, as it's in all of the clips that I used, I'll try to figure it out before my next videos, I'm still new to this camcorder haha

Let me know what you guys think!

More on the Dr. ColorChip system today.

Before:

IMG_0371.jpg

After:

IMG_0375.jpg

Before:

IMG_0372.jpg

After:

IMG_0376.jpg

Before:

IMG_0373.jpg

After:

IMG_0386.jpg

Before:

IMG_0374.jpg

After:

IMG_0385.jpg

The whole hood after the first pass.. a few could use some touching up but overall it looks great!

IMG_0383.jpg