Question About Tail Lights?

losh

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I searched and could not find anything...

My car is a 1997 Cutlass Supreme SL sedan.

I have these tails:

KTwz9.jpg

Would like to swap for these (from an '89 sedan):

m0D3m.jpg

Any way I could use the '89 tails? Would they hook right up and fit? If not, what would I have to do to get them on?

go to your local junkyard, find 89 sedan remove taillight and locate a 97 sedan and see if it fits if it does than purchase said 89 taillights

I'd say you could just replicate the results and put a sticker on your stock bulbs, but I'm pretty sure there's laws regarding altering your lights/indicators - weather you would actually be harassed over this is anyone's guess.

I switched our CS '94 tail light set up to the CS '89 set up, everything bolted right in but they were extremely close to eachother to begin with. Here's a thought for you...because the chrome on the center Olds Rocket logo wore off alittle everytime we washed the car, I bought some older (NOS) style fender emblems and stuck em over the center piece of our tail lights. They're gold on the edge, but that doesn't really bother me. If it's just the logo you like, stick one on there. LOL

Best of luck to you!:biggrin:

post-5754-143689097756_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689097764_thumb.jpg