Electrical problem in 98' Monte z34

kadoi

so here is my newest challeng(havent got my cranksensor changed yet because i broke my collar bone). My mom has a 98 monte Z34 and about a week ago the radio went dead and the abs light came on. Tonight the door locks quit...the windows and the cigarette lighter. The car runs fine. what could it be i already checked the fuses. Thanks guys

if ya figure it out holla at a brother.

cig lighter, courtesy lights, power locks, power mirrors, undrhood light...are all on the same circuit in my 90 cutty.

none of them work.

as soon as a fuse is put in it blows.

a friend of mine has the same car as mine but 4 dr instead of 2. he had a dime stuck in his cig lighter. as soon as the dime was removed and new fuse put in he was good to go.

Monty

Check the engine bay.. some cars has another fuse/relay box in the engine bay aside from the fuse/relay box inside the car (under dash).

Forgot about that one! :oops: Just can't think tonite...too bad.

yeah i know about the fuses under the hood....checked most but not some becuase i didnt feel like taking the braces of...will tonight. Thanks for the input...keep it come'n becuase ill never hear the end of it until it is fixed lol.

if ya figure it out holla at a brother.

cig lighter, courtesy lights, power locks, power mirrors, undrhood light...are all on the same circuit in my 90 cutty.

none of them work.

as soon as a fuse is put in it blows.

a friend of mine has the same car as mine but 4 dr instead of 2. he had a dime stuck in his cig lighter. as soon as the dime was removed and new fuse put in he was good to go.

Monty

u probally got a short somehwhere i remember when i frst had my radio installed i kept blowing my radio fuse n others all cause the idiot that installed it left open wires behind the glove box n when the touched the wrong surface "pop goes a fuse"

Probably a ground wire somewhere in the car. Thats 1 of probably 2 (ok, I am TOTALLY unsure about this) things. Only reason I say that is b/c all of the fuses are ok.

I'd have to agree with this. Usually when you have multiple electrical problems it's because one or more systems have a common ground. I'll check some schematics and see if I can locate the grounds for ya.

Probably going to need a scan test to get the code(s) for the ABS light. The main ground for the radio is G201 located behind the instrument panel on the right side of the brake pedal bracket.

Main ground for the door locks and windows is G302 located at the base of the right B pillar, The ground for the lighter is G205 and should be located behind the instrument panel to the left of the brake pedal.

523396.gif

(1) G201 and G251

(2) G302

(3) G301

(4) G205

(5) G101 (Forward Lamp and Battery Ground)

(6) G111 (VIN M), G113 (VIN K and M) and G117 (VIN K)

(7) G117 (VIN M)

(8) G102

(9) G111 (VIN K)

(10) G204 (SEO)

(11) G306 (SEO)

thanks man that helps alot...ill check that out tomorrow and my moms car still has the factory stereo so there are no wires that someone could have left loose...ill check all of the grounds. Going to get all new fuses tomorrow and will see if that fixes it. Thanks alot man.

well went and had the car checked out today and they couldnt even use a scan tool to pull up codes or to check the engine out. They said that we will need to replace the computer, about 300-500$ they said. I was wondering if i could just find the same make and model in the junk yard and swap computers?