Charging Problems ?

titan23

Anyone eklse have Alternator problems ? The previous owner told me he had some problems with his alt, went through a couple in a short period of time. I was driving the other day and the car just died, no juice whatsoever. I happen to work at a body shop so my boss came and gave me a jump. When I got back to the shop I noticed there were some fuses and things that were blown or missing. Had no problems untill this morning, drove about a mile and it died, got a jump as soon as the cables were removed, it would die again. Anyone else had or know of this problem ?

Obviously a bad alt, but I'm curious what alt they put in. My car is still on the OE alt (even after the OE engine got chucked) and I'm running a huge rear batt and over 2kw of music power off it. No alt death (but please don't jinx me)

105 is about it. I just installed a new 3.4 and before I stuffed it in I put a new A/C Delco reman on it. You can get the Pep Boys and Autozone rebuilts but you'll be replacing them on a regular basis and it's a pain to replace them on the 3.4. Look up the closest A/C Delco distributor near you and price them out. It's more than the Pep Boys of the world but it'll last longer.