JVC headunit!

04whitess

well, i got my Headunit, and the gmos-04 wiring harness...a BIG disappointment

i plugged everything in, hooked everything up correctly. and the wiring harness makes the sound SO SOFT! at 50 (max) volume the sound was like my stock radio at about 1/4 volume...Very Disappointed.

so, i messed with everything a bit, rewired the harness, tried A LOT of stuff...nothing would make it work, so im out a $85 harness, wtf. w/e

right now im thinking about buying a 5 channel amp, just straight wiring my speakers to the amp and the headunit, and then going from there!

only thing i dont know about that...is it good to just leave the stock amp? of course ill unplug it, and ill unplug the stock speaker wires, but i mean...will that matter? i think it will be fine just leaving it there wont it?

so, looks like i need some speaker wire...some more electrical tape...will i need a switch for the amp now?

feel free to add anything u know i will need...please and thank you, i am so aggravated right now.

Look at the instructions for the GMOS-04. There are 2 potentiometers on the unit. One is for the audio level and one is for the door chime. Turn the audio level one up untill it sounds how you want it.

lmao...i will look at the black box and check, but i got done.

i Hardwired everything in, the speakers directly to the headunit, and the power right to the battery. it works Flawlessly!! it only took me 6 hours! HAHa...i am a novice electrician, as in, first time taking my car apart and wiring stuff throughout it.

but it works so good, i could not ask for anything better, other than New Speakers, a 5 channel amp, and a sub! lol...which will come in time.

EDIT: omfg...i just looked at the box, it does have a second dial. wtf.....lol, idc my current hardwired setup saved me wiring later on when i get an aftermarket amp :)

Edited by 04whitess