New member From SE Wisc

emb1230

New member, not new to W-bodies, my grandfather had a (I'm guessing) very early (had the chrome egg-crate grille and the early, Non-sporty steering wheel) 1990 Lumina and a 1995 Lumina that was given to my brother after our grandfather died. Grandpa traded the '90 in for the '95. My brother had to junk the '95 due to rusted out rear strut towers, now he's looking to buy a '89 Regal Custom with the Gran Sport Pkg.

Edited by emb1230

Thank for the welcomes! It's Red/Red 4 seater in cloth, I read that those were a bit of a rarity, however, it's got manual windows, locks, mirrors, seats, no truck release button and the basic cluster. Has the basic tape deck (no EQ), 3.1L, 200K + miles, but the previous owner(s) apparently took exceptional care of it.

Edited by emb1230

Hmm not trying to alter your made decision but I would look for some more options, I mean power windows are almost a necessity. Some time ago I had a car with manual windows and I was cruising down the highway, next thing you know a storm comes out of no where and I had to pull over and roll the passenger window up. It all depends on how much they are asking for. 200k miles is ALOT on any 3.1, no matter how well care is taken in it. Unless it has been rebuilt with new internals, it will maybe go another 20k miles. But that is the way I see it. But if your groovy with a bone stock car, than that is how it is. It's your money, and your desires. Got any pictures of it?

I actually prefer to have crank windows, especially on a 22 year old car, the 95 Lumi had power window issues as well as the '82 Skylark and '87 6000 my mom had YEARS ago. Suffice it to say, we have not had too good of luck with GM power windows.

Edited by emb1230

Kenosha, yep we're neighbors!!

Haha, awesome!

FWIW I've lost count of how many window switches I've been through on my GP. Granted they've all been JY parts, but still.

Haha, awesome!

FWIW I've lost count of how many window switches I've been through on my GP. Granted they've all been JY parts, but still.

small world, lol. do you ever go to the Pick n Pull in Wadsworth? I don't hate Power windows, they ARE nice, but like I said on a car that old... asking for trouble.

I'm there every 2 weeks or so just scavving. I need to make another run, may wanna grab some ES headlights to cannibalize for high-beam projectors. That, and there's an STE down there I may want the door panels outta...:think:

Sturtevant Auto Salvage usually has better selection but it's not as consumer-friendly in there.

A few years ago, I almost bought a 89 GP SE, had the cool compass and the 12 way or whatever they are seats. Turned it down due to not him not budging on the price and the IP cluster was funky.

Welcome. Interesting GS there, probably 1 of 1 with those options, not many four seaters made and red is one of the rarer colours.

It has new head gaskets, new brakes all around, newer tires, new muffler, new battery. He's asking $900.

Oddly, it also has a power antenna, which doesn't work. Luckily, when the antenna is in the rear 1/4 panel they're a lot easier to replace then when they are in the front fender!post-4495-143689074479_thumb.jpgHere is a pic of the seats, BTW same rims too!

Edited by emb1230

Pics!! Got it for $850 (had cash). Antenna needs a new mast, motor still works and the tape player works. No a/c though :(

post-4495-143689074964_thumb.jpg

post-4495-143689074983_thumb.jpg

post-4495-143689074998_thumb.jpg

post-4495-143689075011_thumb.jpg

Edited by emb1230

What a great deal on that car! I've always liked the early Buick Regal GS. They are very sharp cars. Then to have a four seater is even cooler.
Yeah, but it has a LOT of miles.

At least it has A/C and can be fixed.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Apparently, the trunk lid got fried from this last heatwave we had, the steering wheel is pretty beat up too, but a cover will fix (hide) that.

Replaced the broken tilt lever and the radio which had a worn out (but somehow still worked) volume button. I have a fiend that says GM never made a W-body Regal GS with crank windows. Well, apparently, they did, lol!! Also, got a pic of the base Cluster, man, they DO suck! At least this one doesn't flicker :D

post-4495-143689075244_thumb.jpg

post-4495-143689075257_thumb.jpg

post-4495-143689075264_thumb.jpg

post-4495-143689075276_thumb.jpg

post-4495-143689075291_thumb.jpg

post-4495-143689075308_thumb.jpg

post-4495-143689075325_thumb.jpg

post-4495-143689075342_thumb.jpg