3.4 DOHC motor go bad

TGP Z-34 STE

I bought 1991 Grand Prix STE 3.4 DOHC n 284 getrag n it isnt running, bring the car to home n parking it for a year. Finally I bring it in garage to take motor aparts to see what is wrong with the motor. Tough luck for me, motor is shot. Couldnt save it as I was hoping for.

I am not sure if I should looking for used motor 3.4 DOHC from manul tranny car or rebuilt the motor. If I am going to rebuilt the motor, I would like to know how much do I have to spend? I want to add turbo on this car in future, so I might want forged pistion, crankshaft,rod, everything.

I want to hear ur recommend, and where to find for upgrade rebuilt motor etc.. Help will be appericated, thanks!

the rods are forged from the factory, the only forged cranks you'll find in a GM vehicle that will fit are from the non-VVT 3500s, though you'll need to run an external crank trigger or remove the reluctor from the 3500 crank and put the 3.4 one on.

pistons can probably be acquired through WOT-Tech.