mysterious oil leak ??

musthavemuzk

was looking through the place a little bit and saw this page.

http://www.w-body.com/service/oil-pump-seal.html

now as some of you know i just replaced my lower intake.

90 cutty 3.1

anyways in the intake gasket kit there was an o-ring that had not label. just o-ring.

is there a chance that that o-ring was for this?

by chance anyone got pics or a location that mayb i could find it in the pics i took?

Monty

is this that?

from your description it is.

http://www.dbfanatics.com/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=underhood&mid=16&cid=248&page=2

lower right pic on this page.

Monty

Yep thats it! Take the hold down thing off (one bolt), the pull the drive assembly out. Take off the O-ring, near the top, it will be VERY hard. Put the new one on, and then put the drive assembly back in. It will take some wiggling to get the teeth to line up, but it will go in. You might use some RTV around where it seals on the top, just to be sure. Then tighten the hold down down and your done. All you gotta do is take the TB off to get to it

are you doin that seal yourself? i have that same problem and i was wondering how hard it is to do really

thanks

deef

Yeah, you can do it yourself, just follow what I described, its very simple. I think the new O-ring was like $0.30. I think I have like 3 extras if you need a size. I got a bunch with my 3 or 4 lower intake sets I had to buy this summer

I tried replacing mine, all I got from it was a gashed up oil pump drive from using pliers. That sucker wouldn't come out of there no matter how hard I reefed on it. (It didn't damage anything internal, thank goodness) But the haynes manual says to push it out from the bottom of the engine with the oil pan off. (I wasn't about to do that) I also turned the crank to ( to turn the camshaft) see if turning the gear would help it out. I know it has to come straight out, but does it have to come out PERFECLY straight? I eventually said "screw it!" and left it. Any body had the same probelm, if so how did you get it out?

is this that?

from your description it is.

http://www.dbfanatics.com/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=underhood&mid=16&cid=248&page=2

lower right pic on this page.

Monty

Yep thats it! Take the hold down thing off (one bolt), the pull the drive assembly out. Take off the O-ring, near the top, it will be VERY hard. Put the new one on, and then put the drive assembly back in. It will take some wiggling to get the teeth to line up, but it will go in. You might use some RTV around where it seals on the top, just to be sure. Then tighten the hold down down and your done. All you gotta do is take the TB off to get to it

that is good to know that i do not need to go through the whole process of TB, plenum, lower and so on.

as of right now i do not have that oil leak, but if time permits i will do it.

thanx again robby

Monty