My tires after autoX

jman093

I have no idea what a multipier is or rankings. I think for official competetive purposes you are just running for time against other cars in your class. Also I'm in street prepared, not prepared. The class is determined by what your car is, it's not something you choose. Any 1st gen w-body not running in its stock class (which I can't obviously because I'm not stock) is going to run in ESP, not FSP. FSP I think is a bunch of 4-cylinder cars. That was my first time out there and the guys running the event just guessed at what class I should be in. They were close, but I'm in ESP. In any case it's purely for fun so I'm not trying to get points and qualify for some larger regional event. I have the wrong car and lack of skills for that anyways :lol:.

I'm running again this sunday though. burnout.gif

Edited by jman093

I ran a 1990 Regal 2 door a couple of times years ago, same thing, they moved me up a couple of classes once they found out I had 16 in. wheels, Addco rear swaybar and a Hypertech chip. It's a BLAST!!

Im going to try to! but need to find the schedule first, and probably buy a helmet

This is the webpage for what I think is your SCCA region.

http://www.mohud-scca.org/Solo/

It has a schedule on it. Most, if not all, chapters have some loaner helmets for you to use if you don't have one. This is what I do as I don't have one yet. And the people at these events are always nice and willing to help. Somebody would loan you a helmet. I guarantee you if you show up and they are out of loaners they aren't going to send you home. They'll find you a helmet to use.

This is the webpage for what I think is your SCCA region.

http://www.mohud-scca.org/Solo/

It has a schedule on it. Most, if not all, chapters have some loaner helmets for you to use if you don't have one. This is what I do as I don't have one yet. And the people at these events are always nice and willing to help. Somebody would loan you a helmet. I guarantee you if you show up and they are out of loaners they aren't going to send you home. They'll find you a helmet to use.

I might be able to make an event in sept. Im really excited about the tire package Im getting. Once I get it Ill be tested it out lol but I think Ill be lost at an autoX event :lol: But Ill look into how much helmets are. Not too excited about wearing a helmet that who knows hat thats been through

I kinda wanna get into AutoX too

Do it. Are you still in Nebraska? I know Adam autocrossed up there.

I might be able to make an event in sept. Im really excited about the tire package Im getting. Once I get it Ill be tested it out lol but I think Ill be lost at an autoX event :lol: But Ill look into how much helmets are. Not too excited about wearing a helmet that who knows hat thats been through

Lost how? In any case you can't be any worse out there than I am :lol:. I think I managed to beat a bone stock Saturn SL today.