• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeeJay3800

• Jeorge

• Robby1870

• Zonsolo

i think GPs's do a pretty good job of measuring speed, on my 3 wheeler i had it going 72.4 MPH and i had my dad in the van next to me measuring the speed and he said it was right over the 73 mark... not to get off track or anything but i think thats pretty fast for a 185cc 3 wheeler.. :D but yah, i had my car going 110 once next to my buddies '99 300M and we were dead even and he said he was going 115 and mine read 110, big error right there, either in my car or in his

Would it be wrong to bring up the possible percentage of error in the speedometer at high speeds? I think I remember a couple posts from the past claiming 7-10% error at speeds that high.

Wouldn't matter for the arguement at hand, because no w-bod I know of has a speedo that would read 142 anyway. Plus he says he was clocked at that speed.

The Digi speedo's go that high if your car goes that fast...not like the 80's mopars where you get a Turbo Lazer and it stops at 85 when you know you have alot faster to go....

and yes I was clocked at that speed..on a Race track. not on the streets...

and my speedo is off was accurate when I had the stock tires one but now with my new tires when Im going 60 on the speedo Im acctually going 58 went from 215 to a 225

and my firends 95 Z34 when he is going 60 on the speedo he is acctually going 67 and he is Running the stock tires.... he runs 225's

I have the optional digital UB3 "rallye" gauge package with all six gauges. The "arc" part of the speedometer reads to 85, but the numerical read-out reads to 199. The digital tach has a redline of 6000 rpm flagged. I believe that is the redline for the LH0 3.1.

Should my 94 have a govenor , ? It must not , we have about a 4 mile section of I - 75 freeway that is almost impossible for cops to sit around and we fly down this road , the beginning is down hill too !! My bud has a z28 that reads 130 and we were side by side , and still going . This is my first ( and last ) w body , the 3.4 is suprisingly strong , one reason I bought it , I like the DOHC but expensive to work on ! Hell , my 93 "work car" hyundai will run 110 mph , its about to explode , but it will do it , I can't believe gm would limit the top speed on a car , my cutlass has a great kick when punched at around 40 , if you kick it around 30 , it goes back into first so hard it spins the wheels and pulls right HARD , if your not holding onto the wheel , your in trouble . I call BS on some of the times also , I had trouble hitting some of those numbers running a 72 chevelle super sport with a built small block 400 loaded with shit and a 4.88 rear . It was a 1/8 mile car and would get there very quickly , but not much on top , after the 1/8 it was done . Later all

Stupid ass emissions laws... 85 mph speedo... grumble grumble.

Do the oldsmobile digital dashes go past 85? And does anyone know what the redline of the 3.1 from 92 was?

My 91 olds with the regular Digi dash went past 85mph hell it went past 100, and the cuise control still sets at 111 MPH,

and the 3.1L redlined at 6K in that car....

in my car all i look at are the big numbers, not the arc thing but if you look closely there is a spot for a 1 before the 80 on the arc, i know this is used for KM/H but im not sure if the arc adjusts for higher speeds, i havent tried it, i dont think it does but im pretty sure the big digital number will rear whatever speed your going at, whether it be 30 mph or 130 mph, the fastest i had mine going was 115 and it read it there