BXX (Bob)'s Front Coilover Mounts <<< awesomeness!

gpchris

Now, Bob is my BFF for making my Regal go fast and getting my coilovers installed, and his work sacrifices nothing and leaves nothing to be desired, but 3" on top of the held mounts is a bit of a stretch. 3" of additional clearance on top of the Held mounts I'm using would basically have your spring riding up right against your hood without absolutely any spring seat guide. How do I know? I use the Held mounts on my car. I cut off 3/4" off the center pipe that holds the spring in place to get more clearance, and it is impossible to get any more than 1" of clearance on top of that by moving the mount to the top of the strut instead of underneath it.

Bro you have the old design. Its the good one but its in the past. Anybody buying a held mount right now is going to get 3" less clearance.

This is their new design:

CIMG2379.jpg

cool, man. That's close enough. Hopefully I'll have my house done soon and consequently the upstairs rented out so I'll have some money coming in again.

Paul these do fit second gens.. You would just need a sleeve for the bearing to make it fit the strut.

Paul these do fit second gens.. You would just need a sleeve for the bearing to make it fit the strut.

I have ways to get exatcly what is needed to make mounts for Gen 2.

Just someone needs to send me a stock Gen 2 mount and some money, and in less than 4 weeks they will get some coilover mounts:lol:

And I dont care who says what, that Held mount pictured is a complete ghetto rig way of making coilovers fit.

And I dont care who says what, that Held mount pictured is a complete ghetto rig way of making coilovers fit.

I have been saying that since I installed mine

Bro you have the old design. Its the good one but its in the past. Anybody buying a held mount right now is going to get 3" less clearance.

This is their new design:

CIMG2379.jpg

I have been saying that since I installed mine

Good God that is a terrible design. My design looks 100% identical to Bob's with the exception of the spherical bearing and the length of that sleeve. I shaved another 1/2" off of mine to get more suspension travel.

Ill have to dig into a Gen 2 mount setup one of these days. I know the strut diameters are different so that complicates the bearing sizing just a bit

Well I know for a fact first and second gen strut assemblies are totally interchangeable. The only issue is how the knuckle mounts to the control arm. Ive seen people use second gen subframes, knuckes and struts on first gens before. The point im trying to make is the top of the struts should be the same. So as long as you have a busings for the spherical bearing it should work fine.

Anyways this mounts are still doing awesome. Theyve seen quite a few miles so far. Im still totally happy :)

Well I know for a fact first and second gen strut assemblies are totally interchangeable. The only issue is how the knuckle mounts to the control arm. Ive seen people use second gen subframes, knuckes and struts on first gens before. The point im trying to make is the top of the struts should be the same. So as long as you have a busings for the spherical bearing it should work fine.

Anyways this mounts are still doing awesome. Theyve seen quite a few miles so far. Im still totally happy :)

second gen subframes wont fit without fab work. And the Gen 2 strut rod diameter that goes through the mount is a different diameter.

I pretty much know exactly how to make them for a Gen 2, I just want something in front of me that I can measure properly and of course need demand. I dont have a Gen 2, so im not spending time making anything for them.