4t60e help needed.

joecutlass

starting my own thread here.....

95 gp with 4t60e

cold start idle at 2000rpm and comes down about 30 seconds later to just above 1000 rpm. shifts fine until third gear and wont shift out of third. keeps at 3000 rpm at 60mph. as soon as you stop driving and park; steady idle at 1400 or so rpm. vacuum line is fine. pulled it and blew through it.

heres the catch, if i removed the vacuum line from the fuel pressure regulator, it idles at about 900 rpm.

tomorrow i will be cleaning the egr valve out, iacv, and throttle body.hopefully this repairs something... any other suggestions? im sure im gonna get trans filter and fluid change... ill do it to. its only easter. lol

much improved, actually...

I get the feeling that either the tach is out of alignment and registering too high, or that there is an actual issue here. My preference would be to plug my laptop into the car and verify what is actually going on...

You don't happen to be local, are you?

I live in ny. I was trying to see if anybody had any other suggestions as to what else could be the issue. Sorry that it sounded like a horrible post, I had just got home, was aggravated with the car and it was kinda late.like I said, today, I'm going to clean out the egr valve, clean out the idle air control valve, the throttle body, probably replace the trans fluid and filter. Fuel filter. These are all things I'm sre the previous owner never did. Is it possible that thew vacuum modulator on the trans is bad?

I'm concerned with both. Lol. I just bought the vacuum modulator. Surprised that advanced auto is open on easter. I think the uim gasket might be bad.... those are rubber, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

When you pull the vacuum line off your vac modulator look for drips of trans fluid coming out of the modulator. If it drips, it's bad.

Edited by virtuetovice

Update. Replaced the vacuum modulator. You were right. Trans fluid in the modulator. Shifts fine now.

Crazy K... what would I need to do to get this car on a laptop? Programs and connectors? I've been searching for some type of obd tool for this OBD1.5 crap since I bought the car. My obd 1 tester doesn't work on it. Thanks.

Update again.... car started to do the same exact thing yesterday on my way home from work. Finally got it hooked up to a snap on solus scanner.tps was going bad. Replaced that. Egr solenoid three is bad. Any body know how to clean or repair the egr vavle being its digital?