MY Daily Driver TGP won't start / starts very hard.

jongrappin

so my TGP daily driver is now having some issues. the car was running fine for the past months. in the last few days. the car would start hard, taking 5-10 seconds instead of the normal 2-3. this was day one of the isues. day two: car would only start if you turn it over for 20+ secs and pump the gas. once the car fires up it puffs black to blue to white smoke for 5 secs, then smoke clears and car will idle with some fluctuation between 500-1500 pry. Car will idle, mechanically sounds fine with a mis-fire. So my first thought was to check spark. theres newer plugs and wires so i checked the coil packs, they were all firing bright blue... next thought is fuel issue although i put a walbro in just 12 months ago.... I will fuel pressure test tonight.... any other thought or next diagnoses ideas???

Sounds like you're on the right track to me. After you check fuel pressure, report back with your findings. Besides seeing how much pressure builds, note how quickly pressure drops off as well.