New to any GP forum but not to GP's

crunkGP96

Hey guys, recently found this forum. Im on other forums but have never been on a GP one. I have a 96 GP ive owned for about 10 years. No matter what has happened to it ive always kept it. Ive gone through other cars but never sold this one. I also had an 03 limited edition about 4 years ago I got rid of. I love my GP. Has over 220k on the body and still running strong. What can i say? a lot of blood sweat and tears shed for my GP lol. Heres a couple of pics of it from about 5 years ago and one of the 03 Gtp limited edition i had. The car no longer has the chrome wheels and looks again just like the first pic. :D

S4010004.jpg

S4010047.jpg

S4010051.jpg

101_0315.jpg

Welcome to the board. I really like the '96. What color is that?

I have an old picture someone on here took of a 94-96 car with silver paint on it...I was thinking it was yours at first, but it's lighter in color and the mirrors aren't color matched to the body.

578935_8_full.jpg

I have to say, I like the stock wheels much better, but that's just my opinion. Nothing wrong with customization...shows you care about your car!

Welcome to the site!

Thanks guys! That pic of that other silver Grand Prix is actually the car that inspired me to do mine a similar color. I got in contact with the owner years ago and i believe the silver was a lexus silver. Believe it or not, the paint on my GP is a Lamborghini silver. Its called grigio antares metallic. Super cool color that is so transparent a black basecoat is done first. Heres a link to the Lamborghini in that color

http://www.whatonemillionbuys.com/2004-lamborghini-murcielago-5

The wheels were only on for the summer of 2005. That was when 20" wheels were in lol. The 22" wheels on the 03 where also only put on for a summer of 2007 . I grew up from the chrome wheel phase and now keep my wheels stock :D. Dont know why the other pics didnt show but here they go again with a few others.

S4010034.jpg

S4010034.jpg

S4010047.jpg

S4010049.jpg

101_0315.jpg

I dont know why my post say they have to be approved by a moderator?

Is it because im adding my pics from photobucket?

I think it's because you're new still... IIRC, they adopted a system where they have to approve your posts until you reached a certain post limit... I may have it completely wrong, but I think that's what it is...

And BTW, Welcome to the site!!!

Edited by 88red4cyl

Welcome! It looks great, I love the silver. Did you have it painted, or did a previous owner do it?

The car was originally black when I bought it . I had it painted about 6 years ago. Paint still looks great for a car that has never been garaged!

Paint still looks great for a car that has never been garaged!

As long as you keep up on washing the tree sap and bird shit off you'll never know the difference if it was outside! :thumbsup:

Thanks again guys. Believe it or not, the color is a lamborghini silver/titanium. The color is called Grigio Antares. I posted a link along with some other pics of the car yesterday but they still havent been approved by a moderator. I really didnt want to get rid of the 03 limited edition but the motor started getting a small knock and i traded it in before it became a headache. Im looking at possibly getting another in the next couple of months as a DD but a 2 door