shifter conversions

chitownwest01

I have a 1994 chevy lumina euro with collum shift. I wanted to kno is possible if a can change a column shift to center console shift (floor shift) and what all do i need besides a straight column and the whole center console assembly. Do i need the shifter cables frm the center console or the ones thats in the column shift? Can any one help me out on this on one.:)

When we did my column to console shift all we needed was the console, shift cable from that car's console to the transmission, actual shifter itself, and a few odds and ends. I wouldn't even bother getting a different column, just pull off the shifter handle. You don't really notice the nub there. It's fairly straightforward, once you cut the carpet it should all make sense right there. You might have to rig up the current shifter so that the shift interlock is always triggered, or find some way to swap it. I don't remember how we did that on my old car, I don't think I cared about making that functional though, I just rigged it so it wasn't an issue. I'd advise you to do it the right way.