Would you buy this?

douellette

a buddy of mine might be selling a w-body. its a regal gsx. (idk the year off hand right now) the only things i know about it right now is that its 2 tone green, has some sort of aftermarket rims and muffler/exhaust, and needs a new rear door. the guy said he probly only want like $1500 for it or so. what do you guys think? haha

a buddy of mine might be selling a w-body. its a regal gsx. (idk the year off hand right now) the only things i know about it right now is that its 2 tone green, has some sort of aftermarket rims and muffler/exhaust, and needs a new rear door. the guy said he probly only want like $1500 for it or so. what do you guys think? haha

Miles? Mods? Is this a factory GSX, or did he turn it into a GSX? Rust?

i might go look at it today and ill let you know what i find if i do.

cause all the regal gs's around my area are about $2800 and up, which is out of my price range.

cause all the regal gs's around my area are about $2800 and up, which is out of my price range.

Unless you're 100% sure he's just being a charitable friend, you might want to ask yourself why.

Go take a look at it. Get pictures if you can. Look for rust, listen for noises, note the condition of everything. For the GSX, look for the headrests, grill, dual exhaust with cutouts, and the wheels. They could be purchased separate or as a package, so some of the items may not be there. Remember, it could just be a GS with a GSX Badge.

• 3 weeks later...

went and looked at it closer today. Has gsx badges on doors, grille, and trunklid. Seats say gsx on them, drivers seat is shit tho. But i did notice that on the dashboard it says regal gs not gsx. is that a giveaway that its a gs not gsx? and it also has single exhaust. has aftermarket rims that i think say msi on them. interior isnt very pretty, underside is pretty clean rust wise, and the engine doesnt look too too bad. no idea how many miles on it, turned the key on but the only thing that showed up was the trip meter.

what you think? thanks

If it's a real GSX then it should have a decal on the inside of the drivers door by where the latch is from SLP. There is a GSX applique for the dashboard logo too, not sure if that was "standard." They also had single SLP GSX exhaust systems too.

If it's a real GSX then it should have a decal on the inside of the drivers door by where the latch is from SLP. There is a GSX applique for the dashboard logo too, not sure if that was "standard." They also had single SLP GSX exhaust systems too.

what latch on the door are you talking about? i looked quickly on the door panel and all i saw was the "concert sound" thing.

Oops sorry, I meant in the door jamb. It's a sticker about the size of the tire pressure ones that you'd normally find there, but it's a shiny silver that explains how the car was done by SLP

Oops sorry, I meant in the door jamb. It's a sticker about the size of the tire pressure ones that you'd normally find there, but it's a shiny silver that explains how the car was done by SLP

so if its there its real, and if not its just a gsx wanna-be?

either way..does $1500 seem like alot? needs drivers side rear door ( from a car that hit the door), and a very very good cleaning on the inside. plus the drivers gsx seat is shitty, worn to hell, cracked, and dirty.

It doesn't seem like that bad of deal for $1500. Depending on the mileage and how it runs/drives

well how the hell do you check the mileage? cuz i turned the key on and all i could see was the trip meter. havnt heard it run/drive yet tho

It doesn't seem like that bad of deal for $1500. Depending on the mileage and how it runs/drives

well how the hell do you check the mileage? cuz i turned the key on and all i could see was the trip meter. havnt heard it run/drive yet tho

As most newer GMs (most newer cars in general, the Outback does this same thing), you press the Trip/Reset button and it should switch from Trip A, Trip B, and Odometer. If you HOLD the Trip/Reset button it will reset the trip.

As most newer GMs (most newer cars in general, the Outback does this same thing), you press the Trip/Reset button and it should switch from Trip A, Trip B, and Odometer. If you HOLD the Trip/Reset button it will reset the trip.

What this winner said!

• 3 weeks later...

talked to the guy. He says it has about 160k miles on it. The interior needs a complete detailing/cleaning, its trashed. Also needs a rear door, driver seat should be replaced, one tire is flat, and possibly rear brakes. To me it sounds like an $800 car, what would you guys pay?

$800 sounds about right, but you never mentioned the year of it. If it was a 97, probably $500ish, just cause they were one of the funky years. If it is an 00+, maybe a little more, but not much.

Also if there is rust, especially holes or large surface/soft spots, drop it down to the $300-600 range. Why would you want to do the other work on a car that's already got rust that is compromising?

Also, if it was a documented GSX, and the aftermarket stuff was the original SLP stuff, might pay a little more.

But I think you are right one. Probably $500-800

$800 sounds about right, but you never mentioned the year of it. If it was a 97, probably $500ish, just cause they were one of the funky years. If it is an 00+, maybe a little more, but not much.

Also if there is rust, especially holes or large surface/soft spots, drop it down to the $300-600 range. Why would you want to do the other work on a car that's already got rust that is compromising?

Also, if it was a documented GSX, and the aftermarket stuff was the original SLP stuff, might pay a little more.

But I think you are right one. Probably $500-800

I looked under it a little bit and didnt notice any rust. But with 160k, imo its gonna need a a motor/tranny soon. Cause i know the guy beat on it a lil bit.