• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nebojsa_o

• 19Cutlass94

• Addicted to eaton

• Twenty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, they look pretty good on the Cutlass, but the gap is pretty rank, and they rub on the caliper. :lol: I'm pretty sure I'll put all 4 crosslaces on the Maxima in a week or two, when the Cutlass gets inspected and I don't have to drive it anywhere. Then I'll wash the Maxima and take some pics of it in "winter mode". :lol:

UPDATE:

Well, I managed to get in earlier than planned. They did a inspection today, and the guy quit inspecting and adding shit up once he got past $4000 in damage. :willynilly: So yes, it is a total loss, but I have no idea how much they wanna give me for it yet. Now I gotta wait for someone else to figure that out and contact me. If it warms up a bit, I might start collecting parts in the mean time, and taking shit off of this one.

the guy quit inspecting and adding shit up once he got past $4000 in damage.

If he bothered to continue until he got to 4K, I'd think that's the realistic value of the car. Of course, your research of the vehicle value should prevail.

They'll probably offer you half that; and then you get to follow my advice in the previous post--or--walk out with a bleeding ass.

(NO, I don't have much respect for auto insurance companies. They'll SCREW the older-car-owner every time.)

Nebojsa_o, this really sucks though. I'm surprised at how the G6 only had a scratch or so... I would expect that an older car would be stronger... I guess the rear on new cars sit much higher up than older ones?

As for insurances issues, I don't know much... g/l though.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Finally some news from the insurance company. After some negotiating, they are willing to give me a maximum of $2900 for the car. I can buy it back for $300 (a lot cheaper than I thought). And additional $50 for my deductible. So I can keep the car, and have $2550. It will need 2 inspections after I fix it before I can plate it again. I think for $550 I can buy all the parts, or at least the majority of them from the J/Y. The inspections are $150 each, so $300 goes right there. So, $2250 to fix it up. He's waiting for my answer. Now I gotta phone him and tell him if I'm keeping the car, or taking all the money and giving them the car... I already know the answer, I just hope there is no hidden BS that I'm not aware of, or they aren't assholes when it comes time for inspections.

I tried. They wouldn't let that slide... They said there is structural damage and it must go through both inspections. They are just full of shit. One guy saw the car, lots of damage, it's totalled. The guy that gives me the offer, never even saw the car, so as far as he's concerned the car is a fucking disaster. Oh well, I'll get her fixed up. Although I just started my new job this week, so my time is quite limited now. It'll get done sometime! :lol:

So I got the money today, and bought the car back. Now I can start working on it sometime. The guy that did the inspection made a bit of a paperwork mistake, and by the looks of it, the car only requires a Mechanical Inspection. Not a structural one. :lol: Does anyone know what's all involved in a mechanical inspection? Roughly? Brakes? All the bulbs? Working power windows? What's the deal?

Those fucking pricks. Do they take the car for a drive as well, or is it a stationary garage inspection? Looks like I'll finally have to fix that damn ABS. I like the brakes better when it doesn't work.:lol:

I dunno whats its like over there, but here all the lights have to be out, they dont drive it, but they inspect everything. Body panels dont dont really matter. but here everything mechanical has to work with no lights. It may be different there.

Heh, I'm pretty sure they'll do a bulb test... Wouldn't be hard to fix the ABS thing, but I have no idea which wheel is causing it. I think it's just wiring. I'll probably raise all 4 corners in the air, remove the wheels, and wiggle the wires on each wheel until the light comes on, and assume it's that one.

the car only requires a Mechanical Inspection. Not a structural one. :lol: Does anyone know what's all involved in a mechanical inspection?

I expect that varies depending on what state the car is registered in; and maybe depends on which county you're in.

Call the Highway Patrol in your state and ask them.