Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Indy Pace Car Replica

ThatOlds

post-5569-143689056188_thumb.jpg

Well this past summer I went to Lansing, Michigan. Many of you may know that Lansing is the home of the R.E. Olds Transportation Museum. So while I was there I checked it out. Now among other things there was a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible Indy Pace Car Replica. So I figured I would post up some pics I took of the car for you guys to see. I also attended the Oldsmobile Homecoming Show and ASS (Alero Show and Straveganza) while I was there. I also have pics from both of those too so if anyone is interested in seeing them just let me know and I will post them up.

post-5569-143689056202_thumb.jpg

post-5569-14368905622_thumb.jpg

post-5569-143689056235_thumb.jpg

post-5569-143689056246_thumb.jpg

Oh damn, I came. This thing is sexy.

'The black box on the dash is an experimental "heads up display"...'

I wonder how many people asked about it for them to have to print that. :lol:

Oh damn, I came. This thing is sexy.

'The black box on the dash is an experimental "heads up display"...'

I wonder how many people asked about it for them to have to print that. :lol:

Probably a lot. When I was paying for your HUD at the junkyard this guy had no idea what it was. And when I told him it came off a 21 year old car he almost lost it.

Interesting, when I was there 2 years ago they didn't have the pace car replica. I remember telling my dad that the w-bodies should be represented in the museum. They did have the high horse intercooled turbo HO Quad 4 there. Do they still have the Darth Vader looking 88 or so RWD cutlass? They also had an old Vista Cruiser wagon that somone turned into a 442 clone, that was pretty badass.

Yep the Darth Vader Cutlass was still there when I went. Number #500 of the Final 500 Alero's the last Oldsmobile ever built wasn't there though. I'm hoping its back the next time I go there.

• 4 weeks later...