Rear Monsoon Speakers 99 Regal

ZeeQuick

One of the 6x9 speakers is blown out, bought some Pioneer aftermarket speakers but am a bit confused with if they will work. Looks like there is some kind of secondary speaker back there next to it that is also wired into the 6x9. Is it really that big of a pain in the ass to get aftermarket 6x9 speakers wired into the Monsoon? I'm no wiring genius here, so might be a bit beyond me at least. Advice?

Sounds like there might be a sperate tweeter back there. How big is the speaker? The Pioneers should work, but there will be a crossover back there somewhere inline on the speaker wires. You need to hook up the Pioneer to the wires before the crossover otherwise you will not have any highs.

the 6x9's are actually subwoofers and the other speaker is considered a midrange so if you wire the aftermarkets to to the midrange wire you should have no problems

right side

dark blue +

light blue -

left side

brown +

yellow -

the wire colors for the subwoofers are

right

light blue/black -

dark green +

left

light green/black -

dark blue/white +

• 6 months later...
Hi, I'm looking for help with the same exact issue!

Thanks

Nick

This is a very old thread, but the advice is the same. Find a set of 6x9 speakers that are rated for the same impedance.

• 2 weeks later...