electric vs manual seats

jake91

okay i need to get a new seat motor for my car. this part at the pick n pull is $30. now im thinking for ease of removing at the yard and price ($20 less) i could get a manual seat track to replace my power one with. i keep mine all the way back and down anyways, but mainly here is what i want to know. is the manual track higher or lower than the electric at low seating, and is there any chance that the manual wont go back as far. as i know my pass seat doesnt.

thanks

jake

If memory serves, my manual seat was higher than my power bucket. Although the manual was one of those split bench jobs...

I may have to try this swap out and see what happens, since I have both my old seats in the garage yet -.-

FWIW: the full bench is generally a higher seat than my recaros, with the recaros being higher in the front and lower in the back, thus making your torso lower. This shows there is variation between seats, as the above post alluded to, but I cant comment on electric vs manual

You have much greater movement with a power seat. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE POWER SEAT?

TIP: manual seats were sometimes available with an extra "TILT" adjustement. you would see a "T" type knob/lever the size of a console shifter knob at the front end of the inner track, and both the driver and passenger seat could have had them. This only raises and lowers the front, the rear is vertically stationary.

HERE:

IMG00078.jpg

i've played with the tilt function on the MC before...

kinda useless for me though, i have to tilt all the way forward to drive or else the pedals are kinda non-existant.

it's nice to tilt back and then lean the seat back for extra comfort though.