96 regal rocker panels

Chip

The rocker panels on my 1996 regal custom are really getting bad. I have searched high and low for replacements and they just aren't out there. I local sheet metal place hooked me up with some pretty close overlays that will work with some minor trimming.

1. What is the best method of attaching them? Weld? Adhesive? screws with putty over them?

2. Any tips for neutralizing the existing rust other than Extend?

3. Any recommendations for a budget minded paint and primer brand but not totally cheap crap.

As far as welding, does anyone have recommendations for MIG wire size and amp settings?

Body work is obviously my weak point, but I really want to try to do this myself.

Thanks

To add to the welding part...It should just be a feel for the settings. There are guidelines for wire size but i just tend to use whatever is in there. I always tell people to just go at it. Do your prep work like thoroughly cleaning the surfaces and preparing your edges to be welded so you can get good penetration. For welding body work, youre gonna wanna stitch it in there. You cant lay down a bead or you are going to warp something. Do a few seconds of welding in one spot then move to another. This way you dont heat up one particular spot. Disconnect the computer and battery before welding.