Question about cutting rear Regal bumper for dual exhaust

9lumina6

Do any of you guys have access to the template on cutting out the rear bumper on a 97-04 Regal to slip in the SLP inserts for a dual exhaust conversion? I just got a GMPP catback for my Regal, and a set of the SLP inserts for the bumper. I was told there is one on RegalGS.org.....however, I cant seem to get that website to work.

Someone lost the SLP template last time I checked.

When I did this years ago I just cut out the bumper on the passenger side so the cutout trim would fit in and then measured the distance from the wheel well to the bumper and did the same on the driver's side.

Someone lost the SLP template last time I checked.

When I did this years ago I just cut out the bumper on the passenger side so the cutout trim would fit in and then measured the distance from the wheel well to the bumper and did the same on the driver's side.

Yeah, I was thinking i'm going to have to improvise and do some measurements tomorrow when I attempt it. I finally have all the parts I need to do it. Are there already pre-existing holes that the bracket for the driver side muffler will screw into? I just got a bracket and the bolts off some dude locally who was parting out an 02 GT.

IIRC, yeah it was predrilled for the bracket, but I'm sure stuff varies between years.

I actally got under there tonight and not only were there holes already there.... there were bolts in them. So I already installed the bracket on there.

And Al.....No.

A. the car was Redfire Metallic

B. the front end was completely destroyed

• 3 weeks later...

Im doing about the same thing for my `94 cutlass, and what i`m thinking about doing is using a piece of tape to measure the bottom part of the bumper from beginning of the rear wheel area all the way around the perimeter to the edge of the factory cut out exhaust and then measuring the width of the factory one and apply it to the other side. As far as the spacing goes it looks good to me. I dont know what i`ll use to cut mine, probably a dremel tool.