L36 runs like dirt [SOLVED]

ruktosk

So the L36 runs like dirt, sounds to me like all things are status quo and running right to spec.

Before I opened this thread I knew there was going to be some bullshit comment about the whole 90* motor.....and of course...there it is. *rolls eyes*

And yes.....the factory metal spark plug boots can start to arc, causing a misfire. I had that problem at the September Dayton meet last year with my GTP under heavy throttle......I took them off in the parking lot and it went away.

And yes.....the factory metal spark plug boots can start to arc, causing a misfire. I had that problem at the September Dayton meet last year with my GTP under heavy throttle......I took them off in the parking lot and it went away.

The metal plug boots only provide a path to ground. Your problem is/was a bad plug or plug wire. Period

On mine last year, I installed new plugs and wires the morning before the meet and that evening is when the misfire started, pulled the boots, ran perfect again, at 30k miles later, my cylinder misfire count is still at 0 on all 6 cylinders, i do not agree with your statement

On mine last year, I installed new plugs and wires the morning before the meet and that evening is when the misfire started, pulled the boots, ran perfect again, at 30k miles later, my cylinder misfire count is still at 0 on all 6 cylinders, i do not agree with your statement

Yeah...after taking those metal boots off my GTP...I've never had a problem since.....still have the same plug wires on the car now. They are AC Delco wired I put on the car in the Spring of 08.

One of the 1st things I did to my Regal when I got it was take those boot covers off incase they ever decided to do the same thing.

How many are using the aftermarket fiberglass boot insulators in place of the steel factory insulators?

On my 96 plugs wire boots 1,3,5 run hotter than 2,4,6 because of the cast iron front exhaust manifold. Just wondering if the fiberglass boot covers are worth the money.

How many are using the aftermarket fiberglass boot insulators in place of the steel factory insulators?

On my 96 plugs wire boots 1,3,5 run hotter than 2,4,6 because of the cast iron front exhaust manifold. Just wondering if the fiberglass boot covers are worth the money.

If you're considering boot protectors, see this website: http://cableorganizer.com/insultherm-spark/