Interior Care.

91LuminaEuro

Ok, so im going to be dissasembling the parts car's interior for project L36 BBQ, and storing them until the wiring is done. The interior won't go back in until the car is running properly to make things easier if there are any wiring issues.

So here are my questions. I would like to clean up the interior before i put it away, and i've never had leather before, so i need some help!

1. Good leather cleaners and conditioners

2. Over-all conditioner/cleaner for the rest of the interior (i know there has been some controversy about armor-all)

Lastly, im gonna clean the carpet, i know a-lot of you gusy pressure wash them. Do you use any sort of soap? Is there any trick to this?

I'd just like some input so i know what to use.

Thanks guys!

I've been using turtle wax f21 on my interior for a while now. It gets kinda greasy but I like it. It leaves a little bit of a shine on the interior too though.

I've been using turtle wax f21 on my interior for a while now. It gets kinda greasy but I like it. It leaves a little bit of a shine on the interior too though.

Does it seem like long term F21 use would dry out the panels like Armor-All does?

Or is it actually an acceptable 303 Aerospace knockoff??

I know a lot of people here use Aerospace 303 for the interior pieces, but can't remember what they use for leather. I use Zymol cleaner/conditioner. It sure cleans it well, so I assume it works ok. I don't really treat my trim pieces that much anymore. Some Meguiars quik interior detailer usually does the trick in between the extensive cleaning.

Yep, if leather, I use Lexol. Basically like a lotion.

For cleaning carpets and floor mats, Tough Stuff.

Cleaning door panels, trim, etc... Magic Eraser.

Final application- Aerospace 303

Leather... Mothers Cleaner and Mothers Conditioner

Plastics... I still like Armor All GEL (I emphasize the GEL), that may change though.

Carpet... I like Blue Coral Dri Clean foaming carpet cleaner. Cleans really well and leaves a really fresh scent.

Glass... Good old fashioned vinegar and water, applied with newspaper.

cool. definately got some stuff to chose from, i'll take a peek at what i can get at the parts store.

The seats dont really need cleaned, they're not dirty, the reat seat doesn't look like its ever been sat in. The fronts are in great shape. So i'll probably just get some conditioner.

Would it hurt to throw them in garbage bags while they're being stored after i condition them? They're gonna go in a trailer with my dads racecar while we're wiring up the car so they'll be out of the weather so its more for dust purposes.

when you guys say magic eraser, are you just talking your regular old household magic eraser? or is there something specific to automobiles that has the same name? I'm gonna be doing this, this week some time..

I know this is very noob-ish but i've never owned a car that needed meticulous cleaning, my lumina has had generic interior cleaning with generic spray and thats basically it. I just want to make sure i take care of my monte right, from the get-go. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Bumping my thread, so things are picking up with the project (kinda) and im starting to invest in stuff im gonna need.

So im looking or good suggestions on car care "kits" if anyone has any.

So far i've come to the conclusion that Meguires & Mothers seems to be the way to go over-all.

Would it be smart to buy a care care kit? Or just buy what i think i'll need?