L67 Black veins on spark plug?

Mach Jace

How much did the box of fittings cost you? And were you able to fit the T's over the pressure regulator and the supercharger attachment as well?

It cost me about 8 bucks for the fittings and the hose was about $2. I think I got about 2ft to be sure I'd have enough. There is a smaller box on their site for $5 and a pic of them too. Basically you fit a short piece of line over the end of the lower part of the T and push it onto the lower intake nipple and then more hose to go around to the FPR and the boost bypass. You can get line small enough to push the stock line from the MAP sensor directly into the rubber line coming from the other side of the lower intake T.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/accessories/accProductDetails.jsp;jsessionid=5325605C1738E0207CA640A7B56A1273.diyprod1-b2c2?counter=15&categoryDisplayName=Fastener%2C+Screw+and+Hardware&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=426013_0_0_&productId=426013&sortType=&parentId=1313-10&filterByKeyWord=Vacuum+connector&navValue=100798&categoryNValue=101313&fromWhere=&itemId=798-10&displayName=Vacuum+Connector+and+Tubing&store=1265

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mach Jace

• xtremerevolution

• wickedbuick

• Addicted to eaton

It cost me about 8 bucks for the fittings and the hose was about $2. I think I got about 2ft to be sure I'd have enough. There is a smaller box on their site for $5 and a pic of them too. Basically you fit a short piece of line over the end of the lower part of the T and push it onto the lower intake nipple and then more hose to go around to the FPR and the boost bypass. You can get line small enough to push the stock line from the MAP sensor directly into the rubber line coming from the other side of the lower intake T.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/accessories/accProductDetails.jsp;jsessionid=5325605C1738E0207CA640A7B56A1273.diyprod1-b2c2?counter=15&categoryDisplayName=Fastener%2C+Screw+and+Hardware&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=426013_0_0_&productId=426013&sortType=&parentId=1313-10&filterByKeyWord=Vacuum+connector&navValue=100798&categoryNValue=101313&fromWhere=&itemId=798-10&displayName=Vacuum+Connector+and+Tubing&store=1265

I can take pics of mine if you need me to. I should be home in about 2-3 hrs.

you have that backwards.... no vacuum at the FPR will make too much pressure...

On this Robert is right. It will run at static pressure without a vacuum line. You'll see the change in pressure if you hook up a fuel pressure gauge and pull the line off at idle. It still shouldn't affect WOT i don't believe....

I can take pics of mine if you need me to. I should be home in about 2-3 hrs.

Yeah pics would be great, that was my only major concern about getting universal but I'll just go ahead and pick up those parts now.

On this Robert is right. It will run at static pressure without a vacuum line. You'll see the change in pressure if you hook up a fuel pressure gauge and pull the line off at idle. It still shouldn't affect WOT i don't believe....

correct, if there is a check valve to prevent boost from reaching the diaphragm. otherwise, fuel pressure will rise with boost pressure.

This is what I've got going on so far, I still need to go back and get some end plugs, another L joint (the one on there is apparently cracked as well, and 2 more 5/8 T's. Im using the 1/8's on there now for the extra 2, only two came with the package so Im just going to go back and get 2 more 5/8's before I install it. But it seems like it'll work.:dance:

post-4469-143689046541_thumb.jpg

This is what I've got going on so far, I still need to go back and get some end plugs, another L joint (the one on there is apparently cracked as well, and 2 more 5/8 T's. Im using the 1/8's on there now for the extra 2, only two came with the package so Im just going to go back and get 2 more 5/8's before I install it. But it seems like it'll work.:dance:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1103[/ATTACH]

Looks like you've got it! Let me know if that doesn't work for you. I don't think you'll have any problems though. :)

post-4469-143689046546_thumb.jpg

This T is giving me a problem, the old T on the right got overstretched and broke off from them trying to put it on the nipple, and my little 5/32 tubing wont go over the nipple without damaging it. I'd get a larger tubing for that specific nipple but then it wont fit over the universal T :think: Small piece of 5/32, some sort of adapter and some 1/4?

Edited by Mach Jace

"yeah, see if the that there crank sensor doesn't see the motor spinin' it won't angage the starer right, HERPDERP!"

That is the most absurd thing I have ever read in my entire life. :getout:

Oh wow, nevermind, I've got an adapter in the kit I bought that'll fit just perfectly. Zing!

Looks like everything is coming together perfectly. Good job! :cheers:

EPIC FIX!

I legitimately scared the living shit out of myself when I accidentally floored the gas in park instead of the brake, I think I woke the whole neighborhood. The car freaking roars, and its nice to finally feel its full potential without that vacuum leak and the mis. Thanks for all the help guys.

One more small thing, I'm "pretty" sure there's supposed to be a bolt here, judging from the oil that's dripping out of this hole... Either that, or its how the magical flux capacitor works in order to fuel that crank shifter sensor beam...laser...thing. Anyone know what size it is? Sorry if the picture is a bit dark.

post-4469-143689046581_thumb.jpg

Does anyone here have an L67 that can look at that stupid bolt hole that's directly under the LIM to figure out what in the world is supposed to plug it up?

Does anyone here have an L67 that can look at that stupid bolt hole that's directly under the LIM to figure out what in the world is supposed to plug it up?

I don't recall that threaded whole. I'll look tonight. I'll be home from work by 7:30 hopefully.

I took some pics last night but I forgot my damn memory card at home lol Yes there is a torx head bolt in that hole. I have not tore one of these engines down completely so I can't say what its for. I can't see it being a major issue if you've been driving like that and you still have 90% of your oil at all times. I didn't remove mine so I can't tell you the thread pitch, diameter, or length to get a replacement. It's cheap enough to buy a few diferent ones from lowes and just return the ones that don't fit though. I'll post the pics up tonight. :)

S6300137.jpg

S6300140.jpg

LOL, ass beat me to it! there ya go, Not a major issue But it plugs up a hole going on to the lifter valley.

Any idea what purpose it serves?

I pulles it out, its 3/4's and inch long, It keep stuff from getting in the oil of our cars. My guess, maybe the its a place for the coil bracket to bolt to on other 3800 powered cars (non w-body)

Any idea what purpose it serves?

Not sure exactly. I put my cam in and had the whole top end off and never paid attention to that bolt lol Maybe some secret port that dealers use for diagnostics lol

Question should be is it on the L36 and if so maybe the hole is for brackets or something on an Fbody application.......

EDIT: Duh it would be on the L36. lol I meant is it on all series 2 3800's or something in its place haha

Edited by wickedbuick