Factory radio and subwoofers?

91LuminaEuro

Thats a decent unit for the price. Its pretty basic though, no USB port, only 2 RCA outs and a basic EQ. I would check out the JVC KW-XR810 or the Pioneer 8000BT. Both are pricier but are alot nicer. Double din units are always gonna be more expensive, if you dont mind going with a single din unit you will be able to get into a much nicer radio for less money. The Pioneer DEH-p4200ub, and Kenwood KDC-BT945U are both really nice single din units.

I actualy found. Jvc unit at work that has the sanme specs as the dpx300 but I can get it for a steal, double din, front usb and stereo aux ports, I'm gonna pick it up when the time comes! I forget the model, I'll post that llater!

Its a JVC Model KW-XR610 looks to be great, all the reviews are good. I mean, i really wanted something Kenwod or Alpine, but this thing fits the bill as far as specs and is a great price!

FWIW I remember when my car was bone stock, had the CD and cassette factory unit. It sounded horrible, no clarity in the high or low frequencies. I was going to change out all the speakers but I installed my Pioneer deck first. The result was quite impressive- the thing sounded SO MUCH better with the same POS paper-coned factory speakers, same CD's and all. It turned out it wasn't the speakers, it was the deck itself.

I run kicker 5.25, kicker 6x9's and kicker subs off the stock deck, Using a factory amp converter. Turns + and - from the head unit in to composite cables. It sounded VERY good, kept my HUD, Factory look, And SWRC! :)

I never got to hear the CD in the GTP that I used to have, it was dead when I bought it. I guess GM put a little more sound in the GEN2 W-body :) My mother still has the factory CD/cassette in the 1997 CS, still sounds like it's underwater :rolleyes:

Yeah, after debate im probably going to go with that JVC unit, its compatable with the PAC adapter for my SWRC, and its not too flashy, and i can get all the parts for a great deal, so why not?